Summer salads are going strong these days – and today we’re making a Loaded Steak Salad Bowl with Yogurt Green Goddess!!
We all know I feel very strongly about dressings, vinaigrettes and sauces. It’s a MAJOR part of life in the WGC world. They can make or break a recipe. Add that extra oomph! And they are easy to make ahead on the weekend and store for quick and easy additions to weeknight meals!
This Loaded Steak Salad Bowl with Yogurt Green Goddess made with Stonyfield Organic Greek yogurt is SUMMER PERFECTION. It’s bright and green and flavorful and tangy and perfect on top of a loaded steak salad. Heck, you could just drizzle it over steak or chicken or salmon and it would be delish. Throw it on some cooked quinoa or farro or rice. Serve it alongside some veggies… you get the idea! It’s a multi-use sauce that you’ll be obsessed with. Here’s the other beautiful thing to this dressing – you can mix and match the herbs. The below recipe calls for cilantro and basil, but you could sub in chives, add a few springs of tarragon, use parsley instead of cilantro… you get the idea. A green goddess is a little bit of a catch all for dressings so feel free to get crazy!
Here’s the deal – if you’re anything like me, you stock Stonyfield Organic Greek yogurt in the fridge at all times. We have it for breakfast with some honey and granola and fruit, we use it to make tzatziki on a weekly basis, bake with it etc etc. Their Greek Yogurt is just top notch. And when you add some fresh herbs to it alongside some acid, it’s a match made in heaven. So without further ado… let’s get to the recipe.
Loaded Steak Salad Bowl with Yogurt Green Goddess
For the Steak
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
For the Salad Bowl
- 4 cups shredded romaine
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 large ripe avocados, cut into chunks
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 2 corn on the cobb, grilled and sliced off into sheets
For the Cilantro Lime Yogurt Dressing
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 cup packed basil
- 1 jalapeno
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup Stonyfield Organic Greek yogurt
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
For the Steak
- Combine the ingredients for the flank steak marinade. Add the steak and let marinate for 2 hours.
- Heat a grill over medium high heat. Remove the steak from the marinade and generously season with salt and pepper. Place the steak on the grill and grill for 4-6 minutes on each side, turning 90 degrees halfway through to get criss cross grill marks. Cook until medium, depending on your preference, and then remove to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes. Slice the flank steak against the grain and use for the salad.
For the Yogurt Green Goddess
- Combine ingredients in a blender and adjust salt and pepper as needed. Refrigerate until ready to use
For the Bowl
- Arrange everything in equal amounts in 4 bowls and serve with the dressing drizzled on top.