These Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies are coming out of the archive and let me tell you… I HAVE MISSED THEM.
The Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies are perfect little pillows of pumpkin cookie dough dotted with plenty of chocolate chips and baked to perfection. These are heavenly. You can bake there one of two ways… the recipe as written below will give you a slightly puffy version of these heavenly cookies! Or if you prefer them a little more dense, when you remove them from the oven, use the bottom side of a glass and gently press down. This will make your cookies less puffy and more dense.
And if you need the most perfectly round cookie – here’s a little tutorial!
Need even more pumpkin inspiration to get you through these fall months – I have you 10000% covered:
- Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
- Spiced Pumpkin Donuts
- Triple Layer Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Cheesecake with Marshmallow Meringue
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Pie Pancakes
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375° and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in pumpkin, egg, and vanilla extract until combined, then add flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice and salt. Beat on low until the flour is incorporated and then fold in chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of dough into balls onto prepared baking sheets, 12 cookies per sheet. Transfer into the oven and bake for about 12-13 minutes. If you remove them and they are too puffy for you, use the bottom side of a glass and gently press down. This will make your cookies less puffy and more dense.
- Repeat with any remaining dough. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week or for months in the freezer