It’s time! Pumpkin Pie Chocolate Chip Pancakes. One of my only forays into pumpkin extravaganza this time of year and these are 1000% worth it!
You know that I’m not into the pumpkin spice everything cult. But what I am for sure into are these Pumpkin Pie Chocolate Chip Pancakes. Especially on the weekends when it’s a little chilly outside and you just want to stay in your pajamas until noon and indulge in a little breakfast!!
If the above sounds like your ideal Saturday and / or Sunday, then make these tomorrow and live your best life with no regrets!
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- butter or baking spray for the skillet
- In a large bowl combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir together to combine and set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the almond milk, pumpkin, coconut oil and egg.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until everything is just combined, being careful not to over mix.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the mixture.
- Heat a griddle or large non-stick skillet to medium low heat. Coat the pan with cooking spray. Drop ¼ cup of batter onto heated skillet. Cook on the first side until the edges begin to bubble, about 2 minutes. Carefully flip pancake over cook for another 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Continue this process to make the rest of the pancakes making sure to lightly spray or butter the pan between each pancake to ensure they do not stick.
- Serve the pancakes immediately with maple syrup and butter if desired.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!