Pumpkin is in high demand at this time of the year! I recently went to my local Trader Joe's and bought 24 cans of pumpkin so there is no possible way I could run out this season! Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins all season long!
These pumpkin muffins are an absolute crowd pleaser to even the pickiest palates. They are just sweet enough to satisfy any sweet tooth but are also the perfect grab and go breakfast idea or snack. They are also perfect for keeping in the freezer and quickly warming up in case of any last minute guests.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable oil (or coconut oil)
- 4 eggs
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground clove
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixer combine the pumpkin, oil, eggs, water and spices on medium speed. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix on low until everything is just combined. Lastly, add the chocolate chips and fold in with a spatula.
- Transfer batter into 2 prepared muffin tins, about ⅔ of the way full, and sprinkle with a few extra chocolate chips on top. Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until a knife is inserted in the middle and comes out clean. Transfer to cooling rack and let cool. (NOTE - baking time will vary depending on what style muffin tin you are using - so best bet is to check the muffins with a knife and once the knife comes out clean, they are done)