No big deal, I’m just about to rock your world with these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars!
Do you guys keep cookies, brownies and bars in your freezer like me? They’re there just in case the sweet tooth strikes and you need something in a pinch! Lately my freezer has been stocked with Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars and they are EVERYTHING! I just break off a little piece every afternoon when I need a little treat and I’m on my way in 10 seconds flat. All the chocolate chips interspersed into these bars make these majorly delish.
It’s a mash up of a cookie and brownie into Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars and really, what more in life could you ask for? They work for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. They make for a gorgeous hostess gift, or a present for your boss or co-workers. They also work really well when you’re all alone and need a treat. Basically, you can’t go wrong. And I’ll be whipping these up on a weekly basis for the next 5 weeks! You’re welcome in advance 🙂
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups chocolate chips divided
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, cloves, baking soda and salt. Give the dry ingredients a quick whisk and then set this mixture aside.
- In a large stand mixer, combine the butter, white sugar and brown sugar. Turn the mixer on medium high and cream together the butter and sugars, making sure to scrape down the sides so everything is incorporated. Add the egg, vanilla and pumpkin and combine. Add the dry ingredients into the mixer and mix until the dry mixture is just combined. Add in 1 1/2 cups of the chocolate chips and mix to combine.
- Spray a 13×9 baking sheet with baking spray. Place the mixture into the baking sheet and level it out. Sprinkle on the remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes and then remove from the oven. Let cool before cutting and serving.