Things are about to get super sweet around here. I'm talking Caramel Brownies loaded with the most epic caramel swirl, plenty of chocolate chips and a brownie base that is going to change the game.
A word of caution... these are decadent. So decadent that you'll have a hard time putting them away after a few bites. Full disclosure: I take no responsibility if you wind up in front of the TV with a pan of Caramel Brownies and a spoon while watching a marathon of the Real Housewives of wherever. It's been known to happen so I'm just giving you a heads up. Self control + Caramel Brownies... it's just not possible.
- 10 tablespoon unsalted butter room temp
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup AP flour
- ½ cup Chocolate Chips
- 10 oz caramels
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- In a small pot combine the peeled caramels and evaporated milk. Heat over medium heat and stir until all caramels are melted.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray and line a 9x9 baking tin with parchment.
- In a pot over medium heat, combine the butter, sugar, cocoa powder and salt and mix for 2 minutes, remove from heat. Add the vanilla and eggs and combine. Stir in the flour and chocolate chips and set aside.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- After ten minutes, add the caramel sauce on top of the cooked brownie portion and then add the remaining brownie batter on top of the caramel. Using a knife, swirl the top 2 layers together.
- Place the baking dish back into the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven, and let it cool to room temperature before transferring it into the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
I’ve already made it several times! Is is soooo delicious!! But I decrease the amount of sugar. I put about 1/2-3/4 of the recommended amount and it is very sweet like this.
I’ve also made the double portion once, juste added the cooking time. It was great
What substitute can i use to replace eggs?
How much unsalted butter?
it's listed in the ingredient list
We're looking forward to baking the Carmel Brownies! Do you recommend any high altitude adjustments? Thanks!
These are AMAZING!! The recipe is easy to follow and the brownies are beyond!
Loved this recipe! Took the average brownie to the next level! I wondered if you could freeze these?
yes but caramel gets really hard when it freezes so let the thaw a while before biting into one
These are amazing!! I just love all brownies.
Hi Gaby, I thought I did the receipt right but missed the part about being soft and will harden. Mine are cooling but I did the toothpick test and parts the chocolate parts stuck to the toothpick, but I cooked it longer because when I opened the oven you could see my caramel bubbling and making noise when the bubble would burst. The toothpick came out wet in some places not all. I might have gone a little overboard in the cooking time next time I will take it out sooner because I hope I didn't overcook the caramel and won't be hard but smells heavenly.
I made these 2 years ago and my husband still talks about them! Making them again today!
Omgosh! It’s like brownie carmelitas!! ❤️ I’m going to make this tomorrow!