Things are about to get super sweet around here. I’m talking Caramel Brownies loaded with the most epic caramel swirl, plenty of chocolate chips and a brownie base that is going to change the game.
A word of caution… these are decadent. So decadent that you’ll have a hard time putting them away after a few bites. Full disclosure: I take no responsibility if you wind up in front of the TV with a pan of Caramel Brownies and a spoon while watching a marathon of the Real Housewives of wherever. It’s been known to happen so I’m just giving you a heads up. Self control + Caramel Brownies… it’s just not possible.
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- 10 oz caramels
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- In a small pot combine the peeled caramels and evaporated milk. Heat over medium heat and stir until all caramels are melted.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray and line a 9x9 baking tin with parchment.
- In a pot over medium heat, combine the butter, sugar, cocoa powder and salt and mix for 2 minutes, remove from heat. Add the vanilla and eggs and combine. Stir in the flour and chocolate chips and set aside.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- After ten minutes, add the caramel sauce on top of the cooked brownie portion and then add the remaining brownie batter on top of the caramel. Using a knife, swirl the top 2 layers together.
- Place the baking dish back into the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven, and let it cool to room temperature before transferring it into the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!