New favorite pasta alert!! This Calabrian Chili Pasta is 100% guaranteed to rock your world!
I’ve been obsessing over Calabrian Chilis since getting back from my last few Italy trips and I just can’t get enough! I’ve been adding them to hummus, putting them on pizza, and making pasta sauces with these beauties and I have no intention of stopping anytime soon!! They are so flavorful, a bit spicy and the color is out of this world!! In fact, they would also be an incredible addition to Garlic Sauce… just saying!
You can find them at most grocery stores – Whole Foods for sure has them – and if not, I order them by the bucket load on Williams Sonoma or Amazon because I have a full blown addiction. If you get them whole, just pulse them in your food processor or blender until you have a paste!!
Grab the recipe below for this epic Calabrian Chili Pasta and you will NOT be disappointed! AND… if you want to add a little bit of shrimp that would be epic. Here’s how to cook perfect shrimp every single time!
Calabrian Chili Pasta
- 1 pound Cassarecce Pasta
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 3 tablespoons Calabrian hot pepper paste
- 1 cup shredded pecorino optional
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Cook the Cassarecce according to the package directions. Once al dente, drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of pasta water for future use and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, add the olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the lemon zest (saving the lemon juice for later) and sauté for 15 seconds. Add the Calabrian hot pepper paste and stir until everything is evenly incorporated.
- Add the cooked pasta and stir to combine. If you need to add a few tablespoons of the reserved pasta water to thin it out, go ahead. Add the lemon juice and toss to combine. Season with salt to taste.
- Sprinkle the pecorino over the pasta if desired and toss to coat and serve immediately.