My love of Whipped Goat Cheese runs deep! It’s one of those snacks that I absolutely love!! Slather it all over some freshly toasted bread and call it a day.
I've been making whipped goat cheese for a while and using it for my go-to appetizer on ALL THE WEEKENDS!! In fact last weekend it made an appearance on my bruschetta bar spread and was the first thing to disappear!
It's easy to whip up ahead of time and then serve it up with some crostini or crackers and call it a day. I use fresh thyme, red pepper flakes, garlic and lemon to add extra flavor - but you could add some number of seasonings to give it whatever vibe you want! Add extra cracked black pepper for more kick, maybe some oregano and basil if you want it more Mediterranean, skies the limit!
It stores well in the fridge for about 4-5 days so you can easily prep the Whipped Goat Cheese ahead of time and use it as needed. Add it to sandwiches, toss some of it into a pasta with a little water to smooth it out, or dip some veggies in it for extra crunch! You're gonna love it.
Whipped Goat Cheese
- 11 ounces goat cheese (at room temp)
- 3 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Garlic and herb brushed crostini
- Combine the goat cheese, cream cheese, garlic, red pepper flakes, lemon zest and thyme leaves in a food processor. Whip for 60-90 seconds until smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve with the garlic and herb brushed crostini.