Give me any large bowl with a creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta and it’s on!
Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta was another one of my childhood favs along with that Garlic Buttered Angel Hair from a few weeks back. The creamy tomato sauce made with both canned tomatoes and sun dried tomatoes is heavenly. And makes the perfect sauce for some pasta to swim in. The chicken is simple and just adds a bit of protein. If you want to amp it up, and use a blackened chicken recipe, use the spice rub from here. It certainly spices things up a bit and that’s not always everyones jam.
Either way though… YOU’LL BE OBSESSED!
Need more chicken/pasta recipes…
- Lemon Chicken Pasta
- Brown Butter Pasta with Chicken
- Mushroom and Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- Cheesy Chicken Taco Pasta
- Chicken Marsala Pasta
Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- 1 pound spaghetti or linguini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 4 slices bacon
- 8 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 15-ounce can canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 – 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- basil to garnish
- Cook the pasta until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water once cooked, drain and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with the olive oil. Liberally season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook until golden on the outside and no longer pink inside, about 7-8 minutes per side. Remove from the pan, let rest for 10 minutes before thinly slicing.
- In the same skillet, add the bacon and cook until crispy. Drain on a paper towel lined plate and then tear into bite sized pieces.
- If there is a lot of bacon fat leftover, drain most of it off. Add the garlic, tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes and spinach to the skillet and cook over medium heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then add heavy cream, Parmesan, and a few tablespoons of reserved pasta water. Simmer for 5 minutes until saucy and combined.
- Add the reserved pasta, chicken, bacon, lemon juice and lemon zest and toss until combined. If it's too thick, add a few more tablespoons of the reserved pasta water. Garnish with basil and serve.