Blackened Salmon with Avocado Cucumber Salsa! It’s a mix of spicy (from the seasoning mix) and cool (from the avocado cucumber salsa) and when you put everything together it’s a recipe for success!
Serving a big side of salmon is my favorite way to feed 6+ people! It’s a no-brainer when it comes to prep work and you can serve it up alongside a big loaded salad and a few of your favorite sides like this or this.
You’ll have a little bit of the spice mixture left over after whipping this up – and it’s great on some grilled chicken, steak, shrimp or another fish! You could even sprinkle it over a sheet pan of veggies before roasted to give everything a good kick!
- 1 2-pound piece salmon
- 2 tablespoons ground paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 persian cucumbers, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 avocados, peeled, seeded, diced
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, mix paprika, cayenne pepper, onion powder, salt, white pepper, black pepper, thyme, basil and oregano.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and place salmon on foil lined baking sheets. Drizzle with olive oil and season the top liberally with the spice mixture. Reserve extra for another use.
- Bake salmon for about 15-20 minutes until done. Remove and transfer to a serving platter. Top with Avocado Cucumber Salsa and lemon wedges before serving.
- Combine the ingredients in a medium bowl. Toss to combine and season with salt and pepper.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!