Hands down the most simple way to prepare fish - Baked Lemon Cod is the easiest weeknight meal!
Want to hear a confession? When I took my first ever job as a private chef I have absolutely ZERO idea how to make fish. I grew up not eating it, and we hadn't get covered fish in culinary school, and the family I was cooking for were big time fish lovers. So after getting over my initial fear of cooking fish, I threw together the simplest recipe I could imagine. Lemon, butter, salt, paprika and a fish that you can't easily mess up - Cod! The result was mind blowing and I impressed even myself! It's been on regular rotation ever since and it's the perfect lightened up main course that you can serve alongside some pesto broccoli, perhaps a bowl of garlic herb sweetpotato fries or even some spicy green beans
Baked Lemon Cod
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 cod fillets 6 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons zested lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a shallow bowl, mix lemon juice and butter. In a separate shallow bowl, mix flour and seasonings. Dip fillets in lemon juice mixture, then in flour mixture to coat both sides.
- Place the prepped fish in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with remaining lemon juice mixture. Bake 12-15 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Broil for the last 60 seconds to get a little bit of a golden crust.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon zest.
Amazing! Easy, healthy, tasty! Served with quinoa roasted brussel sprouts and spinach salad. Thank you!
Loved ir!! So easy and yummy, bright and wonderful! Thanks for a super simple dinner tonight!
Loved the flavor in this recipe! But it didn’t get crispy. Can I air fry it?
10/10 This recipe was delicious and I can't believe how easy it was to make! Thank you Gaby!