Our Thanksgiving menu is shaping up quite nicely this year and these Garlic Herb Sweet Potato Fries are an excellent addition!
Coming your way on Friday will be a FULL run down of everything you should make for Thanksgiving! And if you're OCD like me, you can send people specific recipes so you know that whatever they bring will be delicious. I'm crazy, but we knew this. One of the recipes that you absolutely MUST make this year would be these Garlic Herb Sweetpotato Fries!
They go perfectly with our California themed Thanksgiving menu - because they're made with California Sweetpotatoes and it doesn't get much better than that! Once baked, you toss them with a some herbs, some Parmesan cheese and a little bit of garlic and voila - a healthy/delicious/EASY sweetpotato side dish for your table!
PS - are you thinking of putting this on your Thanksgiving menu? Check out the full What's Gaby Cooking menu here along with the master prep schedule to keep things organized and on track!
Garlic and Herb Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 pounds California sweetpotatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Maldon salt
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Preheat an oven to 450°F
- Rinse and dry the sweet potatoes. Cut the unpeeled potatoes lengthwise into slices ½ inch (12 mm) thick, and then cut each slice into batons about ¼ inch (6 mm) wide and 3 inches (7.5 cm) long.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil, sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt and toss to coat. Spread the potatoes out evenly. Roast, stirring with a spatula halfway through, until the potatoes are tender and browned on the edges, 20 to 25 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cheese, parsley and garlic. Add the warm fries and stir gently to coat. Season with salt and serve immediately.
Photo by Matt Armendariz / Food Styling by Adam Pearson / Recipe by What’s Gaby Cooking
I made these sweet potato fries tonight for dinner with baked salmon.
The sweet potatoes were so tasty, we loved the parmesan cheese, parsley and garlic addition.
It is a keeper in our house for dinner, lunch for any day of the week, but it will be special for any occasion too.
Easy & very tasty way to make sweet potato fries. Love anything with garlic & herbs!
Odd question, but do you remember who makes that cutlery or where you bought it from? I used it at a restaurant recently and LOVED it!
This might e the only way I can eat sweet potato fries now - yum!!
This looks like a great side for Thanksgiving!
I love making sweet potato fries, and now they will be even tastier!!!
This needs to be on my Thanksgiving table!
I LOVE sweet potato fries! What a great addition to the Thanksgiving table!
I love sweet potato fries! With some garlic and cheese they must taste amazing!
Oooh girlfriend what a livened up way to have sweet potatoes this Thanksgiving!
This is my favorite way to do sweet potatoes! So delicious, easy and gorgeous!