Our Thanksgiving menu is shaping up quite nicely this year and these Garlic Herb Sweet Potato Fries are an excellent addition!
Coming your way on Friday will be a FULL run down of everything you should make for Thanksgiving! And if you're OCD like me, you can send people specific recipes so you know that whatever they bring will be delicious. I'm crazy, but we knew this. One of the recipes that you absolutely MUST make this year would be these Garlic Herb Sweetpotato Fries!
They go perfectly with our California themed Thanksgiving menu - because they're made with California Sweetpotatoes and it doesn't get much better than that! Once baked, you toss them with a some herbs, some Parmesan cheese and a little bit of garlic and voila - a healthy/delicious/EASY sweetpotato side dish for your table!
PS - are you thinking of putting this on your Thanksgiving menu? Check out the full What's Gaby Cooking menu here along with the master prep schedule to keep things organized and on track!
Garlic and Herb Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 pounds California sweetpotatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Maldon salt
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Preheat an oven to 450°F
- Rinse and dry the sweet potatoes. Cut the unpeeled potatoes lengthwise into slices ½ inch (12 mm) thick, and then cut each slice into batons about ¼ inch (6 mm) wide and 3 inches (7.5 cm) long.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil, sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt and toss to coat. Spread the potatoes out evenly. Roast, stirring with a spatula halfway through, until the potatoes are tender and browned on the edges, 20 to 25 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cheese, parsley and garlic. Add the warm fries and stir gently to coat. Season with salt and serve immediately.