While you won’t find any kitchy halloween food around here today – these Sweet Potato Nachos are 100 times better!
You guys, I’m sorry. I can’t get behind the halloween themed cupcakes or the fake eyeballs in sangria. It’s just not my jam… but what I absolutely CAN get behind are these Sweet Potato Nachos made with all the toppings you could possibly desire! Obviously they are orange so throw them on your Halloween party menu and get ready to fall in love!
We make sweet potato recipes year round here on WGC as they are one of my all time favorite foods, but it feels extra special this time of year because it’s kinda sorta fall and turning on the oven is at least semi-acceptable! These nachos combine the best of both worlds – you’re getting all the nutrients packed into sweet potatoes (like vitamin B-6, vitamin A, carotene, potassium, vitamins C and E) and then a little decadence from the cheese, guacamole, corn + pico! What’s not to love!! Hop to it!
Sweet Potato Nachos
- 2 pounds 3 to 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar and pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup black beans
- 2 corn on the cob sliced
- 1 cup guacamole
- pico de gallo
- sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut each sweet potato lengthwise into 8 wedges; halve long wedges crosswise.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper, toss sweetpotatoes with oil, chili powder, 1 teaspoon coarse salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper, until coated. Arrange wedges, cut sides down. Roast potatoes until browned and tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Season with additional salt if needed.
- Lay the wedges on a baking sheet and pile them high with cheese, beans and corn. Transfer the baking dish back into the oven and bake for a few minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and top the sweetpotatoes with the, scallions, cilantro, guacamole, salsa and sour cream.
- Serve immediately.
Photo by Matt Armendariz / Food Styling by Adam Pearson / Recipe by What’s Gaby Cooking
ohhhhhh yum! I made something like this recently- but oh how I wish I had the cheese all over mine!! looks so good Gaby.
These are my kind of nachos! Delish!
These sound like the nachos of my dreams! I’ve been obsessed with all things sweet potato lately, so I can’t wait to try this recipe out!
I could have these for dinner!!! Delicious!
Ok, so I”m guilty of looking at all those dorky and creepy and somewhat icky looking recipes on Pinterest ~ it’s an addication. They are yucky. But I’m never going to make them. These nachos. This is exactly the real food I’d make. Sweet potatoes are just pure love.. Great recipe!
Oooh this looks sooo good to munch on while passing out candy to trick or treaters!
Wish I could give these to the trick-or-treaters!! SOOOOO much better than candy!
Soo good. Just made them tonight!
Absolutely delicious. Looking for something different and these were perfect. Definitely making again.
These were delicious. I used frozen corn bc the store was out. If I make these again, I’ll just cut the sweet potatoes in discs since I had a hard time cutting the wedges evenly and I think smaller pieces would give more crunch!
So so yummy! One change…used your WS taco fajita senorita spice mix on my sweet potatoes. The best!