While you won't find any kitchy halloween food around here today - these Sweet Potato Nachos are 100 times better!
You guys, I'm sorry. I can't get behind the halloween themed cupcakes or the fake eyeballs in sangria. It's just not my jam... but what I absolutely CAN get behind are these Sweet Potato Nachos made with all the toppings you could possibly desire! Obviously they are orange so throw them on your Halloween party menu and get ready to fall in love!
We make sweet potato recipes year round here on WGC as they are one of my all time favorite foods, but it feels extra special this time of year because it's kinda sorta fall and turning on the oven is at least semi-acceptable! These nachos combine the best of both worlds - you're getting all the nutrients packed into sweet potatoes (like vitamin B-6, vitamin A, carotene, potassium, vitamins C and E) and then a little decadence from the cheese, guacamole, corn + pico! What's not to love!! Hop to it!
Sweet Potato Nachos
- 2 pounds 3 to 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar and pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup black beans
- 2 corn on the cob sliced
- 1 cup guacamole
- pico de gallo
- sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut each sweet potato lengthwise into 8 wedges; halve long wedges crosswise.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper, toss sweetpotatoes with oil, chili powder, 1 teaspoon coarse salt, and ¼ teaspoon ground pepper, until coated. Arrange wedges, cut sides down. Roast potatoes until browned and tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Season with additional salt if needed.
- Lay the wedges on a baking sheet and pile them high with cheese, beans and corn. Transfer the baking dish back into the oven and bake for a few minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and top the sweetpotatoes with the, scallions, cilantro, guacamole, salsa and sour cream.
- Serve immediately.