What more could you ask for on the 4th of July than a giant platter of BBQ nachos?!?
Nachos are the answer to most questions in life. They make the best breakfast, the best lunch and they certainly make the best dinner. Now imagine them for a meal in between one of those meals for the 4th of July and you’re basically speaking my language.
These nachos are made on the BBQ. Because that’s how we roll for the 4th of July. They are loaded with refried beans, tons of shredded cheese, chicken, corn, jalapeños, green onions, guacamole and sour cream. WHOA. Can you handle it? All of those toppings get piled up on some tortilla chips on top of a grill pan and then transfer it onto a grill and you’re golden. I have no idea where I got my grill tray – but here’s a fab one if you want to scoop it up for yourself!
- 1 bag Tortilla Chips
- 1 ½ cups Shredded Pepperjack cheese
- 1 ½ Shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Refried Beans
- 1 cup Corn removed from the cob
- 1 cup shredded chicken or carnitas
- Sliced Jalapenos Sliced Green Onions, Sour Cream, Guacamole, Pico de Gallo
- Pre-heat gas or charcoal grill over medium heat.
- Arrange the chips on a large sheet pan. Evenly distribute the cheese, refried beans, corn and chicken making sure each chip is coated with some cheese and equal parts of all the toppings. Transfer the sheet pan on the grill and cover. Let the cheese melt. Once the cheese has melted, remove the sheet pan carefully and add little spoonfuls of the garnishes on top. Serve immediately.