It’s go time guys. The biggest game day of the season is coming up and there is Hot Kale and Bacon Dip that needs a spot on the table!
I think we’ve all come to learn that the only reason I host game day parties is for the food! I mean, who actually has time to watch the game when there is all the amazing finger food sitting in the kitchen? Not this girl! I’m rolling out a ton of fun new recipes in the next few weeks and this Hot Kale and Bacon Dip is pretty damn epic!
It’s basically so good that it shouldn’t be legal. And here’s a word to the wise… one must not be left alone with it for too long, otherwise I can pretty much guarantee you that you’ll finish it by yourself. Not that I’m speaking from experience or anything ☺
So whip this Hot Kale and Bacon Dip up for the game this coming game day and let all your friends sing your praises.
On second thought, maybe make a double batch and keep a secret stash for yourself once the first batch is polished off.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds kale, cleaned, trimmed, and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup milk
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 5 strips cooked bacon, broken up into bite-sized pieces
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- Freshly fried salty tortilla chips for serving
- In a large pan, heat oil over medium. Add onion and sauté until lightly browned, 5 to 8 minutes; add the garlic in the last 30 seconds and stir to combine.
- Add kale and cook until completely wilted, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a colander; drain, pressing to release all excess liquid.
- In the same pan, warm milk over high heat. Whisk in cream cheese until melted, about 3 minutes. Add kale, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and the mozzarella; stir to combine. Stir in the bacon and season with salt and pepper. Simmer over medium low heat for 10 minutes. Top with the parmesan cheese and bake at 425 for 10 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!