It’s almost game day and we have got to get down to business. For the umpteenth year in a row, I know almost nothing about what’s going on in the big game but none of that even matters. In my world, all that matters is this Spinach Bacon Artichoke Dip and getting all my friends together for a game day fiesta!
This year I’m teaming with the Coca-Cola Home Bowl to bring you a handful of epic game day dishes that will make watching the big game that much better (even if you know nothing about football like me!) First up is this Spinach Bacon Artichoke Dip! It’s loaded with spinach, cheese and cream cheese to give it that perfect dip-able texture that you can then scoop up with Ritz crackers and wash down with an ice cold Coke! Sounds pretty perfect right? Give me a bowl of this and my iPad so I can pin during the game (because we all know I’m just in it for the food) and I’ll be a happy camper!
Speaking of Pinterest, are we all as obsessed as me? I spend hours on there drooling over recipes! As part of this Home Bowl extravaganza, there’s a super easy pinterest contest that has your name all over it! Simply create a new pin board titled “Coca-Cola #HomeBowlHeroContest” and pin your favorite game day recipes / tips / tricks and ideas, each with #HomeBowlHeroContest in the caption! (This Spinach Bacon Artichoke Dip would be a perfect fit #justsayin) Then just leave the link of your pin board in the comment section below and I’ll pick 3 lucky winners to win a Coca-Cola $350 “Home Bowl” Prize including a $250 Visa gift card and a whole lotta necessities for a Home Bowl party! You don’t need to pin pictures of Coca-Cola or Ritz crackers to be entered to win!
For more awesome Game Day ideas check out the Home Bowl website
Spinach Bacon Artichoke Dip
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 ½ pounds spinach cleaned, trimmed, and coarsely chopped
- ⅓ cup milk
- 6 ounces reduced-fat bar cream cheese
- 1 cup chopped artichoke hearts
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella
- 5 strips cooked bacon broken up into bite-sized pieces
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Ritz Crackers
- In a large pan, heat oil over medium. Add onion and sauté until lightly browned, 5 to 8 minutes; add the garlic in the last 30 seconds and stir to combine.
- Add spinach and cook until completely wilted, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a colander; drain, pressing to release all excess liquid.
- In the same pan, warm milk over high heat. Whisk in cream cheese until melted, about 3 minutes. Add spinach, chopped artichoke hearts, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and the mozzarella; stir to combine. Stir in the bacon and season with salt and pepper. Simmer over medium low heat until ready to serve. Transfer to serving dish and serve alongside a sleeve or two of Ritz Crackers.