I’m declaring this year the year of the loaded salad. And this Everything but the Kitchen Sink Quinoa Salad is keeping this years tradition alive!
Like I said yesterday, Tzatziki is one of those condiments that I keep on hand at all times. It’s absolute perfection on top of this show stopper of a salad!
So here’s the thing. Since my homemade tzatziki consistently has a place in my fridge, I’m constantly dreaming up different ways to incorporate it. More times than not it’s a dressing to a quinoa salad using whatever ingredients are laying around. A little leftover quinoa, raw corn, shaved radishes, cherry tomatoes and avocado all work perfectly with this creamy dressing! It’s like half crudite platter, half salad, and that’s something I can 100% get behind.
Kitchen Sink Quinoa Salad
- 3-4 cups greens butter lettuce
- 1 cup cooked red quinoa
- 1 cup raw corn
- 2-3 radishes thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- 1 lemon cut into quarters
- 1 recipe Homemade Tzatziki Sauce
- On a large platter or in a large bowl, arrange the washed butter lettuce as a base.
- Add spoonfuls of cooked quinoa, kernels of raw corn, shaved radishes, cherry tomatoes and avocado on top. Serve alongside the tzatziki recipe and an extra lemon cut into wedges if needed. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.