Happy first day of Spring!! Bring on the spring produce and all the flower. Let’s celebrate with this Greek Salad with Salmon!
What’s better than a recipe that you can 1: whip up in 20 minutes and 2: goes on the top of your weeknight meal list! This Greek Salad with Salmon is exactly that. To start, it’s a traditional Greek salad tossed with the best oregano vinaigrette. That alone is enough to make you feel like you’re sitting beachside in Greece. But add a really easy crispy skinned salmon on top and you’re in business.
Icing on the cake – feta! We can’t have a Greek recipe without feta! And it’s worth repeating – but buy the feta that comes in the sheets that sits in brine. None of that pre-crumbled stuff. Trust me – it’ll rock your feta loving world!
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups roughly chopped ripe tomatoes, I used cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups roughly chopped cucumbers, I used persian cucumbers
- 2 red or yellow peppers, cut into chunks
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces feta, drained and crumbed
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Baby arugula
- 1 lb salmon, cut into 4 4-ounce filets
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the vinaigrette. Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper and set it aside.
- In a large bowl. combine all of the vegetables and gently toss together. Pour the Greek vinaigrette over the vegetables, and again, gently toss to coat them. Crumble the feta over the salad and then very gently toss the cheese into the vegetables.
- Taste and adjust for more freshly ground black pepper if desired.
- Place large handful of arugula in a serving bowl. Place a large spoonful of the greek salad on the arugula (or maybe on the side) and a salmon on top.
- Sprinkle the salmon filets with salt and pepper. Heat a nonstick pan over high heat. Add the oil to the pan and then add the fish. Cook the salmon about 2-3 minutes until there’s a golden crust. Then flip the salmon and cook another minute or two on the skin side. Remove the salmon and add on the salad as needed
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!