If you’ve been on the cookie and lasagna train recently (speaking from experience) this Greek Salad with Salmon is the perfect way to lighten things up!
What’s better than a recipe that you can 1: whip up in 20 minutes and 2: goes on the top of your weeknight meal list! This Greek Salad with Salmon is exactly that. To start, it’s a traditional Greek salad tossed with the best oregano vinaigrette. That alone is enough to make you feel like you’re sitting beachside in Greece. But add a really easy crispy skinned salmon on top and you’re in business.
Feel free to make substitutions to your preferences! If you prefer extra tomatoes – go for it. If you like different colored bell peppers better, be my guest! This is one of those salads where most things totally work.
Icing on the cake – feta! We can’t have a Greek recipe without feta! And it’s worth repeating – but buy the feta that comes in the sheets that sit in brine. None of that pre-crumbled stuff. Trust me – it’ll rock your feta loving world!
And if we need a few more ideas on how to use that perfect feta here you go:
- Watermelon Kale and Feta Salad
- Grilled Summer Squash Salad
- Marinated Olives
- Sweet Potato and Corn Salad
- Feta Fries
Greek Salad with Salmon
For the Greek Vinaigrette
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the Salad
- 4 cups roughly chopped ripe tomatoes I used cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups roughly chopped cucumbers I used persian cucumbers
- 2 red or yellow peppers cut into chunks
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 8 ounces feta drained and crumbed
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Baby arugula
For the Salmon
- 1 lb salmon cut into 4 4-ounce filets
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the vinaigrette. Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper and set it aside.
- In a large bowl. combine all of the vegetables and gently toss together. Pour the Greek vinaigrette over the vegetables, and again, gently toss to coat them. Crumble the feta over the salad and then very gently toss the cheese into the vegetables.
- Taste and adjust for more freshly ground black pepper if desired.
- Place large handful of arugula in a serving bowl. Place a large spoonful of the greek salad on the arugula (or maybe on the side) and a salmon on top.
For the salmon
- Sprinkle the salmon filets with salt and pepper. Heat a nonstick pan over high heat. Add the oil to the pan and then add the fish. Cook the salmon about 2-3 minutes until there’s a golden crust. Then flip the salmon and cook another minute or two on the skin side. Remove the salmon and add on the salad as needed