There are some things in life that are absolute truths. Like the fact that outdoor parties are the best kind of parties. Or the fact that having your friends over for dinner is the best form of therapy. Or the fact that this Sweetpotato, Corn and Feta Salad is, without a doubt, going to be your new favorite salad/side dish this year!
Loaded with grilled California sweetpotatoes, corn and feta and topped with dill and the most deliciously tangy lemon vinaigrette, it’s seriously one for the record books. The sweetpotatoes are wrapped in foil and grilled to perfection. They are both soft and crispy from the grill and pack some seriously smoky flavor. Combine the rest of the ingredients and it’s a match made in heaven. California sweetpotatoes are without a doubt the shining star of this recipe as they are gorgeous and healthy (hello to an entire days worth of Vitamin A). I mean, who wouldn’t want this crazy delicious yet easy salad to be a centerpiece on their table? Make it, you’ll thank me later!
Sweetpotato Corn + Feta Salad
- 4 red California sweetpotatoes skin removed and cut into ¾ inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- 3 pieces corn on the cob
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- fresh dill
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 teaspoons champagne vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- kosher salt to taste
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium high heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cubed California sweetpotatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Tear 4 large sheets of aluminum foil, about 16 inches long each. Divide the sweetpotato mixture amongst the 4 sheets of aluminum foil and fold the sides up on both ends so you create a securely wrapped parcel for the potatoes.
- Place the 4 parcels on the grill and cover. Let the potatoes cook for about 7-8 minutes on each side. When flipping the potato parcels, be sure to use a pair of tongs and a spatula so the parcels stay intact.
- Once the sweetpotatoes are fully cooked and fork tender, carefully remove the sweetpotato parcels from the grill and transfer the sweetpotatoes to a bowl.
- Brush the cob on the cob with olive oil and transfer to the grill. Cook until slightly blackened. Remove the corn from the kernel and add to the bowl of sweetpotatoes. Add the feta cheese and fresh dill and toss to combine.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the lemon vinaigrette and drizzle a little bit on top of the sweetpotatoes, tasting and adding more if needed. Adjust salt and pepper and serve.