There’s really nothing better than an enchilada bake on any night of the week – and this Skillet Chipotle Chicken Enchilada Bake is exactly what I’m talking about!
When you layer together shredded enchilada chicken with ALL THE CHEESE, tortillas, black beans and corn it’s basically a recipe for success. This recipe for Skillet Chipotle Chicken Enchilada Bake has been in our family for years and I’m excited to pass it on to you guys!
You can also use that shredded Verde stye chicken we talked about a few weeks back! Either one works – depending on if you prefer chicken breasts or chicken thighs! Either one gets exponentially more delish with Old El Paso Enchilada sauce!
Skillet Chipotle Chicken Enchilada Bake
- 3 chicken breasts cut in half
- 1 14 oz jar Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce
- 1 small jar green chiles
- 2 chipotles in adobo chopped
- 2 to 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 6- inch corn tortillas
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup fresh corn removed from the cob
- scallions and cilantro to garnish
- Combine the chicken, enchilada sauce, green chiles and chipotle peppers in a heavy bottom pot over medium heat, stir everything to combine, and cook for 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken, and using 2 forks, shred the chicken. Reserve all of the sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium sized skillet, layer the ingredients, starting with a layer of sauce followed by 3 tortillas, ½ of the chicken, ½ of the black beans, ½ of the corn, ½ of the cheese. Repeat for the second layer with the remaining sauce, tortillas, chicken, black beans, corn and cheese. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes uncovered, until bubbly and cheese has melted and started to brown on top.
- Top with scallions and cilantro to serve. Cut into wedges as needed.