It’s about that time. We’ve been going mostly healthy since the start of the year but The Big Game is only a few short weeks away and it’s time to buckle down and get to business. We’re kicking the season off with Tex Mex Enchilada Queso- duh.
This cheesy Tex Mex Enchilada Queso absolutely, without a doubt, needs to be the MVP of your game day parties. The dip in itself is epic with rotisserie chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, spices, enchilada sauce (I used green - but green or red work… or a mixture of both), beans, corn and cheese… basically everything you’d throw into a batch of enchiladas….but in dip form. It’s brilliant if you ask me. If you’re going vegetarian, you can omit the chicken FYI - or replace with an extra spoonful of beans or fajita veggies :).
Another part of this recipe that is mandatory - Garden of Eatin’® Tortilla Chips!! Don’t skimp - you need these! The original non-GMO Blue Corn Tortilla Chips offer a hearty texture, satisfying crunch and organic, true-blue corn flavor, which is perfect with this dip. If you’re looking for an extra kick of flavor, grab the Garden of Eatin’ Red Hot Blues® Corn Tortilla Chips. Sprinkled with a dash of cayenne pepper complements the Tex Mex Enchilada Queso like a BOSS! All varieties are made with the best quality real ingredients, non-GMO, organic and certified gluten-free! And word to the wise - grab a few extra bags because there is nothing worse than having a big pot of queso and running out of chips. Basically the biggest party foul you could imagine.
Best part about this entire situation, you could assemble it ahead of time and bake it off right before your guests show up. That way it’s bubbling and ready to go for kick off. And no one is cooking during kick off!
So, while the game is still over 2 weeks away, best to start making your menu now. And put THIS situation front and center! To find a store near you - click here!
Tex Mex Enchilada Queso
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon ground chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 10-ounce can Green Enchilada Sauce
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 10-ounce can diced tomatoes in green chilies, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1 cup freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese divided
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Chopped green onions
- Garden of Eatin’® Tortilla Chips for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Lightly coat a deep 9-inch skillet cooking spray.
- In a large bowl on medium speed, beat together the cream cheese, sour cream, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and salt until smooth and well combined. Reduce speed to low then beat in the enchilada sauce until incorporated. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, corn, ½ cup cheddar cheese, and shredded chicken.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Top with remaining ½ cup cheddar cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the dip is hot and the cheese is bubbly. Sprinkle with cilantro and green onions, and serve warm with Garden of Eatin’® Tortilla Chips.