Loaded salads have become a way of life for me the past few years!! This grilled romaine salad on the blog today is my ode to summer!
It’s the perfect summer salad! The base is all sorts of grilled veggies like romaine, corn and asparagus… Next up, stone fruit, tomatoes and avocado! And to top it all off, it gets slathered in famous basil vinaigrette. What more could you want in a summer salad. Mix and match the stone fruit depending on what’s available to you. Recently I’ve been finding all these epic pluots at my farmers market and I can’t get enough. I mean, how many pluots are considered too many to consume on a daily basis. Whatever the number is – I’m positive I’ve far surpassed it!!
So fire up your grill and get ready for this beauty. If you’ve never grilled romaine before – you’re in for a serious treat!!
Grilled Romaine Salad
- 4-5 small heads romaine lettuce
- 2 bunches asparagus
- 2 Corn on the cob
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Goat Cheese
- 1-2 Avocado
- 2-3 Heirloom Tomatoes cut into wedges
- 2-3 pieces of Stone Fruit cut into wedges
- 1 recipe Basil Vinaigrette
- Heat a grill or grill pan to high.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the romaine, asparagus and corn.
- Grill the lettuce for about 1-2 minutes until there is are char marks on the lettuce but it still holds its shape. Place them on a serving platter.
- Repeat with the asparagus. Once grilled, cut the asparagus into pieces.
- Grill the corn until charred, remove kernels from cob.
- Add the grilled vegetables to the platter with the grilled lettuce. Arrange heirloom tomatoes, stone fruit slices and avocado on top. Serve alongside a basil vinaigrette.
I love all your salads and this one is no exception! Grilled romaine – yes, ma’m!
Okay – this is the second time I am reading about grilled lettuce from you and I have done nothing about it. Time to remedy that situation tonight with this salad. It looks like everything I love!!
This is so gorgeous!!!!
The best!! Want some tonight!!
YOUR PHOTO SHOWS SOME KIND OF CHEESE SPRINKELED OVER SALAD – I DONT SEE IT LISTED ON THE INGREDIENT POST?
it says goat cheese in the ingredient list – as much or as little as you prefer
Gaby makes the best salads! This one was a massive crowd pleaser – planning to make it again later this week.