Asparagus, Basil and Corn Salad pretty much just screams summer.
I’m on a quest to eat the most colorful foods this summer… and this salad is everything summer stands for. Grilled corn, farmers market tomatoes, asparagus, basil and mozzarella. Most everything is thrown on the grill until it just has a slight char and smokiness that’s undeniably fantastic and then tossed together. Serve it on it’s own for lunch, or use it as a side to grill meat, chicken, or fish!
It keeps in the fridge for a few days too – so feel free to make a double batch and use it throughout the week!
Asparagus, Basil and Corn Salad
- 4 ears corn husks removed
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup mozzarella balls cut in half
- 10 basil leaves torn
- 1 cup heirloom plum tomatoes quartered
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Prepare your grill. Rub the ears of corn with butter and place over the flame, rotating every few minutes until the corn is lightly charred. Remove from the grill and let cool. Once cooled, cut off the kernels and place into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Drizzle the asparagus with olive oil. Transfer the grill and grill until just charred. Cut the asparagus into 1 inch pieces. Add the asparagus to the bowl of corn.
- To the bowl of corn and asparagus, add the mozzarella, basil, tomatoes salt, pepper, balsamic and olive oil. Gently combine with a fork and serve. Serve at room temperature.