Blackberry Peach Crisp – the perfect summer dessert!
You guys know how much I love a crisp. So much so that I forgo the traditional pie situation every holiday season and break out the apple crisp and pile it high with ice cream. It’s something about that crispy hot topping paired with seasonal produce and ice cream that just makes me endlessly happy. Last weekend after I went a little nuts at the Santa Monica farmers market and bought a flat of peaches (that’s 12 for anyone who’s counting) I needed a way to use them up before I left town! Obviously I made a Blackberry Peach Crisp because I’m here to make all of our lives a little more delicious.
This baby is loaded with all of summers bounty. Fresh peaches and a handful of super sweet blackberries. Once all that is ready to roll, it’s topped with my crisp recipe and then baked until bubbly perfection.
Heads up – a lot of people call for their peaches to be peeled when baking with them, but peeling peaches is a total pain in the butt and I actually don’t mind the skin. That said, feel free to peel your peaches if that’s more your jam.
Once it’s baked, just top it with all the ice cream and then DIG IN.!
if you need some more peach inspiration – I’ve got you more than covered!
- 6 cups sliced peaches
- 2 cups blackberries
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter, frozen and cut into cubes
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup old fashioned oats, divided
- 1 cup flour
- Vanilla ice cream to serve
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Peel the peaches and add the blackberries to a bowl. Toss with the sugar, cornstarch, zest and juice. Place mixture into a large skillet or baking dish and sprinkle with salt.
- In a food processor, combine the butter, sugar, ¾ cups of the oats and the flour. Pulse until evenly combined. Remove from the food processor and add the remaining oats. Toss to combine.
- Dump the topping onto the fruit mixture and bake for 50-60 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Serve with heaping scoops of vanilla ice cream on top.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!