Grilled Salmon Skewers – GET IN MY BELLY!
I wasn’t always obsessed with Salmon. In fact there was once upon a time when I didn’t even eat fish. Can you imagine?? I used to be hopeless. But after going to culinary school and a trip to Alaska – I was a convert! Now I am straight up obsessed and these Grilled Salmon Skewers are the perfect way to celebrate that obsession!
Cubed salmon threaded onto skewers alternating with lemon slices and served with basil vinaigrette! It just feels like the most quintessential summer dish right? It would go perfectly along with a majorly loaded green salad too!
- 8 wooden skewers
- 2 lbs sockeye salmon, or another fresh salmon of your choice
- 3-4 lemons
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 recipe Basil Vinaigrette
- Soak the wooden skewers in water for at least and hour.
- Heat your grill to medium high heat.
- Cut the salmon into 1 inch cubes and slice 3 of the lemons into very thin slices either with a sharp knife or with a mandolin.
- Alternate threading the salmon and the lemon slices on the wooden skewers, about 5-6 pieces of salmon per skewer. Drizzle the skewers with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Squeeze 1/2 of the remaining lemon juice on top.
- Using a pair of tongs, carefully transfer the salmon skewers to the preheated grill and grill for about 3 minutes on each side until the salmon is almost fully cooked through. Remove the salmon skewers from the grill and let rest for about 5 minutes to let the salmon just continue to cook.
- Serve the salmon skewers with the Basil Vinaigrette and extra lemons if desired.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!