The amount of avocados I’ve consumed in the last few years would probably boggle your mind. In fact, I honestly can’t remember a day that’s gone by without some for of avocado. Whether it’s avocado toast for breakfast, guacamole burrito bowls for dinner or this Green Monster Salad for any time of the day! Regardless of the meal, it’s best when avocado is present!
Growing up I was OBSESSED with cucumber salad. I kid you not you guys, it was a legit obsessed. If it wasn’t on the menu for dinner I would beg my mom to whip up a quick batch. And then I’d proceed to pick and nibble at it before we sat down, so by the time dinner was actually on the table, the salad was at least half gone.
I’ve kept the cucumber salad tradition going and today it’s coming your way. This one is LOADED with avocado (as it should be) along with some cucumbers, market lettuce, and radishes. It’s topped with my basil vinaigrette, because as you’ve probably figured out by now, I think it’s the best vinaigrette to ever grace the planet. Clearly I’m feeling very bold today.
Green Monster Salad
- 3-4 cups various farmers market lettuce
- 3-4 Persian Cucumbers thinly sliced
- 2 Avocados cut into wedges
- 2-3 radishes thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 recipe Basil Vinaigrette
- Arrange the lettuce on a large platter or bowl.
- Scatter the cucumbers, avocados and radishes on top and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle 1/4 cup of the Basil Vinaigrette on top and toss to combine. Add more vinaigrette if needed and serve immediately.
3-4 cups various farmers market lettuce
3-4 Persian Cucumbers
Kosher salt and pepper
1 recipe Basil Vinaigrette
Instructions Step 1 of 3: Arrange the lettuce on a large platter or bowl.
Instructions Step 2 of 3: Scatter the cucumbers, avocados and radishes on top and season with salt and pepper.
Instructions Step 3 of 3: Drizzle 1/4 cup of the Basil Vinaigrette on top and toss to combine. Add more vinaigrette if needed and serve immediately.
Photo Credit: Matt Armendariz
Food Styling Credit: Adam Pearson