I am straight up obsessed with Spicy Garlic Green Beans. They are the PERFECT side dish for the big day coming up!
There’s no denying it – I’m hooked. I know I say I’m obsessed with just about everything I make (I mean can you blame me?) but these green beans really stand out. They are doused with garlic, lemon zest, shallots and a decent amount of spice. And they are so good it’s basically like eating candy. Or french fries. That’s basically how I eat them. One by one, until all of a sudden the entire plate of Spicy Garlic Green Beans disappears.
Just as good as the decadent stuff, but not nearly as bad for you!
And these will win over any picky vegetable eater for SURE! Not to mention, the little extra spicy garlic infused olive oil makes for an excellent bread dip. #justsayin Throw them on your ever growing Thanksgiving menu and you can thank me later.
- 1 pound haricot verts or green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1-2 teaspoons red pepper flakes (depending on how spicy you like them)
- flaky salt and lemon zest to garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the green beans and cook for 2 minutes. Drain the green beans and set aside.
- In a large heavy bottom skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the shallot, garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté for 2 minutes until the garlic becomes fragrant. Add the green beans and mix everything together, making sure the garlic and shallots are evenly distributed amongst the green beans.
- Season with salt and the lemon zest and serve immediately.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!