IT’S HAPPENING!! Another Vinaigrette recipe that you’ll want to slather on anything and everything forever and ever! This time it comes in the form of a Basil Mint Vinaigrette on top of a Green Bean Farro Salad!
Word on the street is that it’s about to get HOT! Like summer is really coming and I will be the first person to voluntarily turn off my stove/oven and only cook outdoors. But before I do that, I’ll boil off some green beans and whip up this Green Bean Farro Salad with Basil Mint Vinaigrette because it’s such an appropriate summer salad.
Green Beans, Feta, Farro and a Basil Mint Vinaigrette that you’ll want to bathe in. Serve it at room temperature or chilled and it’s the best side dish you’ll make all week!
Green Bean Farro Salad with Basil Mint Vinaigrette
- 1 pound haricot verts or green beans ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 shallot thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes less if you don’t want them spicy
- 1 cup cooked farro
- ½ cup feta the kind that comes in the brine cut into small cubes or crumbled
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
For the Mint Basil Vinaigrette
- 1 shallot roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups tightly packed fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup fresh mint stems removed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the green beans and cook for 2 minutes. Drain the green beans and set aside.
- In a large heavy bottom skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the shallot, garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté for 2 minutes until the garlic becomes fragrant. Add the green beans and mix everything together, making sure the garlic and shallots are evenly distributed amongst the green beans. Toss with cooked farro and feta.
- Combine all the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a high powered blender and blend for 60 seconds until very smooth. Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed. Serve immediately. Or you can refrigerate the vinaigrette for up to 3 days.
- Drizzle with a few tablespoons of the vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper and serve as needed.
I love farro, and am always looking for great recipes for my green beans which are producing every day!!! Thanks. I needed this!
Looks like a perfect summer salad to me!
Am buying the things I need this weekend to make Yum!!
How many does this serve?
Oh man, I would totally slather that vinaigrette on everything!!!
Now that’s a nice green bean salad!
This is truly the perfect Summer Salad- I love the dressing!
What a beautiful salad with green beans! Love your pictures!
Made this tonight along with a grilled flank steak. Delicious! I love this vinaigrette, as well as the basil vinaigrette.
Should I use the recipe I printed or the one you discussed in your email?
2 totally different recipes!! Your pick!