After my love affair with basil vinaigrette last spring, I thought it was only fitting that cilantro vinaigrette be the “it” sauce of this season!
In my quest to make life easier for everyone, including myself, here’s another kitchen shortcut that will save you a hot second or two in the kitchen! Cilantro Vinaigrette can be whipped up in less than 4 minutes and you can use it on just about everything! It makes for the most delicious salad dressing, you can spoon it over roasted chicken, salmon or steak, you can toss it with a bowl of quinoa, pasta or farro, or you could eat it with a spoon straight out of the fridge. No judgement here. And if you happen to have a green thumb (unlike myself) it’s the perfect way to use up all that cilantro while it goes bonkers before going to seed!
- 1 shallot roughly chopped
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh cilantro leaves stems removed (about 4 ounces)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine all the ingredients for the cilantro vinaigrette in a high powered blender and blend for 60 seconds until very smooth.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed. Serve immediately. Or you can refrigerate the vinaigrette for up to 5 days.