It’s time!! WGC turns into Thanksgiving central every year and this year is no different! Planning what to make for Thanksgiving dinner is a lot of work. On a typical year I usually cook 3-4 Thanksgiving dinners for What’s Gaby Cooking before the big day, capping it off by hosting a 50+ person Friendsgiving bash – and THEN thanksgiving.
Over the years I have perfected
- How to enjoy the day without any stress in the kitchen
- The easy way to not let your turkey dry out
- Traditional Thanksgiving side dishes that will leave everyone begging for the recipe
- Mashed Potatoes to make you weak in the knees
- How to cook Thanksgiving dinner for 50 people in an apartment kitchen
Whether you’re searching everywhere for how to cook a Thanksgiving turkey or asking yourself what is the most popular Thanksgiving side dish we have you covered. Here is my ultimate Thanksgiving list that is bound to have a little something on it for everyone. I also have a Thanksgiving prep schedule which does wonders to make the day less stressful so you can actually enjoy the time with your friends and family.
Potato Recipes for Thanksgiving Dinner
Looking for how to make mashed potatoes for your Thanksgiving dinner? Or thinking about serving cheesy potatoes au gratin this year? Well, look no further.
Scalloped Potatoes and Potatoes au Gratin
No matter if your family traditionally makes roasted brussels sprouts, sautéed brussels sprouts, or brussels sprouts with bacon for Thanksgiving, here are three classic ways of how to cook brussels sprouts.
Mac and Cheese
These mac and cheese recipes are going to go fast at your Thanksgiving dinner table. That’s why I’ve got a couple of baked mac and cheese and stovetop mac and cheese recipes for you to choose from. Plus mac and cheese is an EXCELLENT vegetarian option or great for guests that don’t like turkey.
Stuffing is hands down the best side dish at a Thanksgiving dinner. Whether you like making it with a loaf of stale bread or you prefer cornbread stuffing I’ve got recipes for both. You seriously can’t go wrong with any of these stuffing recipes just drizzle a bit of my homemade gravy on top and you’re golden!
Gravy & Cranberry Sauce
If you want to learn how to make turkey gravy I have a fool proof recipe that’s going to be your new bff. I promise you’ll be the star of the show with this gravy recipe. Or check out my make ahead cranberry sauce which I like to make the weekend before Thanksgiving dinner so I have one last thing to cook the day of.
Vegetables for Thanksgiving Dinner
Can’t forget about the vegetables! Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered with the best green bean recipes, pumpkin recipes, roasted carrots, and creamed kale!
Green Bean Recipes
Salads for Thanksgiving Dinner
The perfect fall inspired salads to add a fresh pop of color to your Thanksgiving dinner table.
Dinner Rolls and Bread
Dinner rolls and biscuits are the perfect way to sop up any extra gravy. Making homemade dinner rolls or biscuits for Thanksgiving dinner takes a little more time but I promise it’s so worth it.
Thanksgiving Dinner Turkey
Need help with how to cook a turkey? I’ve got just the guide for you that breaks it all down! Wondering how to brine a turkey or if it’s even necessary? Check out my favorite turkey brine that couldn’t be easier!
If you’re not a fan of turkey, cooking for vegetarians, or just don’t want to cook a 16 lb bird for Thanksgiving dinner this year I’ve put together a few delicious substitutes for a Thanksgiving Turkey.
Thanksgiving Dinner Cocktails and Drinks
We all need a little cocktail, mocktail, or two around the holidays, am I right? All of these festive drinks are super easy to whip up on a moments notice and great to serve at your Thanksgiving dinner!
Thanksgiving Dinner Appetizers
I like to pick two appetizers to make for Thanksgiving dinner or one big Thanksgiving cheese board. Here are some of my favorite easy Thanksgiving appetizers to make.
Thanksgiving Dinner Desserts
Here’s just about everything you could possibly need to make the Thanksgiving dinner dessert moment of your dreams! From Apple desserts, Pumpkin desserts, pies, even cookies and bars you’ll be set! Plus a lot of these dessert recipes can be made ahead.
Cookies and Bars
Leftover Turkey Recipes
If you’re already thinking about what you’re going to make with all of your leftover turkey check out these recipes.
Thanksgiving Dinner Menu
This post will be your best friend! I put together the most epic Thanksgiving menu that will get rave reviews from all of your guests and I break down the prep schedule in DETAIL! The prep schedule keeps you on track letting you know what needs to be done starting on the Sunday before Thanksgiving and leading up all the way to Thanksgiving day on Thursday. I also talk about how to make recipes ahead of time for Thanksgiving and share all of my tips!
Thanksgiving Dinner Tips and Tricks
Sharing all of my last minute tips and tricks I’ve learned over the years to throwing the perfect Thanksgiving dinner plus my must have kitchen tools like a roasting pan for your turkey.
Thanksgiving Podcast Episodes
Don’t forget about these podcast episodes covering all of your top Thanksgiving questions.
Thanksgiving Dinner Ideas: The Best Mashed Potatoes
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or whole milk, plus more if needed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons Mascarpone cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- freshly chopped chives
- Peel and dice potatoes, making sure all are in about 1 inch cubes.
- Place in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to medium low to maintain a rolling boil. Cook until potatoes are fork tender and you can easily pierce them with a fork when touched.
- Remove the potatoes from the heat and drain off the water. Place the diced potatoes through a ricer and then place back into the warm pot. Alternatively, if you don't have a ricer, mash the potatoes with a masher and place back into the warm pot
- Add the cream, butter, Parmesan, mascarpone and garlic and stir to incorporate. Season with salt and pepper and fold in the chopped chives before serving.