This quick and easy persimmon and pomegranate loaded Fall Farmers Market Salad goes well with just about any main course this time of the year!
There are many things in life that give me great joy… binge watching TV, chocolate, sparkling wine, slutty brownies etc. But there is one thing that I’m currently obsessing over… and lucky for you it’s now on the blog. This Fall Farmers Market Salad is everything. That’s just about the only way to put it. It’s all you could possibly need for a Thanksgiving salad and I made it for you!
Every Wednesday (when I’m in LA and not jet setting across the country) I hop on my super cool bike and head down to my local farmers market. It’s pretty much my favorite way to start the day and it’s always fun grabbing a bunch of random things and turning it all into something delicious.
If I end up making a salad with my farmers market goodies, I always throw a bit of goat cheese on top! It’s really the only sensible thing to do and it gives it that slight tang! Feta cheese would be great too. Bonus points for this salad because while you can absolutely serve it on the side for Thanksgiving – it also doubles as the most perfectly satisfying lunch or main course dinner during persimmon season!
PS – are you thinking of putting this on your Thanksgiving menu? Check out the full What’s Gaby Cooking menu here along with the master prep schedule to keep things organized and on track!
Fall Farmers Market Salad
- 1/2 cup candied walnuts
- 8 cups market greens wild kale, wild arugula, etc
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 persimmons sliced into wedges
- Goat cheese
For the red wine vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- To make the vinaigrette, in a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the olive oil in a thin stream, whisking constantly until well blended.
- Put the greens in a large serving bowl, drizzle with the vinaigrette and toss to coat evenly. Top with the persimmons, pomegranate seeds, nuts and goat cheese, and toss well. Serve immediately.