There are many things in life that give me great joy… game of thrones, chocolate, sparkling wine, slutty brownies etc. But there is one thing that I’m currently obsessing over… and lucky for you it’s now on the blog. This Fall Farmers Market Salad is winning. That’s just about the only way to put it. It’s all you could possibly need for a Thanksgiving salad and I made it for you!
Every Wednesday (when I’m in LA and not jet setting across the country) I hop on my super cool bike and head down to my local farmers market. It’s pretty much my favorite way to start the day and it’s always fun grabbing a bunch of random things and turning it all into something delicious.
Then, throw a bit of goat cheese on top, because that’s what any normal human would do, and you’re set. Done. Ready to go. Salad is ready. Alternatively – you could add fried goat cheese! If it was a normal dinner party I’d be inclined to do that, but since Thanksgiving is already busy enough, I’m opting for crumbled goat cheese this year!
Bonus points for this salad because while you can absolutely serve it on the side for Thanksgiving – it also doubles as the most perfectly satisfying lunch or main course dinner!
PS – are you thinking of putting this on your Thanksgiving menu? Check out the full What’s Gaby Cooking menu here along with the master prep schedule to keep things organized and on track!
- 1/2 cup candied walnuts
- 3 oz. thinly sliced pancetta
- 8 cups market greens (wild kale, wild arugula, etc)
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 persimmons, sliced into wedges
- Goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, fry the pancetta in rounds, until browned and crisp on both sides. Using a pair of tongs, transfer the pancetta to paper towels to drain.
- To make the vinaigrette, in a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the olive oil in a thin stream, whisking constantly until well blended.
- Put the greens in a large serving bowl, drizzle with the vinaigrette and toss to coat evenly. Top with the pancetta, persimmons, pomegranate seeds, nuts and goat cheese, and toss well. Serve immediately.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!