It's a salad to end all salads. The Fall Harvest Salad is equal parts beautiful and delicious and while it looks fancy - it couldn't be easier to throw together!
In case you hadn't noticed, I'm a pretty big fan of colorful salads. They make the world a better place and I've been saving this one for the Thanksgiving feast! Now that we're about 2 weeks away... it's go time! Piles and piles of delicious fruits and vegetables topped with a balsamic vinaigrette make this the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving feast! Make it now, freak out, and then 100% make it again for Thanksgiving. Your friends and family will be crazy impressed.
PS - are you thinking of putting this on your Thanksgiving menu? Check out the full What's Gaby Cooking menu here along with the master prep schedule to keep things organized and on track!
Fall Harvest Salad
- ½ head radicchio torn
- 3-4 heads Little Gem lettuce or butter lettuce
- 1-2 apples thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 1-2 Fuyu persimmons thinly sliced on a mandolin
- ½ cup small radishes halved
- ¾ cup cubed feta or goat cheese
- ½ cup marcona almonds
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- On a large platter arrange the salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the balsamic vinaigrette.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette on top of the salad before serving.