Let’s be real for a second… I’m ALL about a popover. Is there anything better than Herb and Cheese Popovers? Not really!
A few weeks back we made homemade rolls for the Thanksgiving table. They were incredible but they take 3 hours to rise and no one really has time for that. Popovers on the other hand take almost no time to throw together and then bake up to perfection and make for an excellent snack, side dish, leftover breakfast or even dessert if you’re into a savory dessert like me. It’s a handful of pantry staples like butter, eggs, milk, flour, salt, Italian seasoning and the most important part of any popover…. Parrano cheese.
It’s always about the cheese. Nutty and almost gouda like, Parrano really bring a whole new level of flavor to these popovers that you won’t want to miss!
AND… if you’ve ever worried about making popovers and then they fall while you’re getting the rest of dinner ready…. fear not! The baking method for these ensures that they’ll always be “popped” and you won’t have any sad popovers on your table!
Make them this holiday season and enjoy!
Herb and Cheese Popovers
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 6 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons salt
- ½ cup shredded Parrano Cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- Preheat an oven to 425°F. Pour 1/2 tsp. of the melted butter into each 6-cup popover pan. Put in the oven for 4 minutes to heat the pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk, then whisk in 2 Tbs. of the melted butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and salt, then whisk in the egg mixture. Whisk vigorously until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the shredded Parrano cheese and Italian seasoning and mix to combine. Divide the batter among the prepared cups and bake for 30-35 minutes until a rich brown. DON’T PEEK while baking. Remove from the oven and invert the pan onto a wire rack.
- Serve immediately.