Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars with Streusel Topping… say that 10 times fast and then start baking these immediately!
Okay. Let’s break this down shall we… word by word. Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars with Streusel Topping. First – caramel. Salted caramel to be exact. Pretty much we’re off to the best start. Apple – my favorite fruit this time of year. You can use any variety you like – I opted for a Granny Smith because this is kinda sweet so the tart apple balances it all out. Cheesecake – hello always. I live for a cheesecake bar. And lastly, Streusel topping. I mean, have you ever heard of a more incredible combo! I think not.
It’s creamy and sweet and tart and crunchy and then it’s drizzled with salted caramel sauce. I’m not even going to bother cutting these into squares next time I make them… I’m going in with a spoon straight to the pan! Thank you very much. Christmas dessert is officially handled!
Caramel Apple Streusel Cheesecake Bars
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- Two 8-ounce packages cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sugar plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Granny Smith apples peeled, cored and cubed into
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Streusel Topping recipe below
- 1/2 cup salted caramel sauce
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter with a fork until mixture is crumbly. Press evenly into a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking pan lined with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a stand mixer, beat cream cheese with 1/2 cup sugar until smooth. Then add eggs, 1 at a time, and vanilla. Stir to combine. Pour over warm crust.
- In a small bowl, stir together chopped apples, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle evenly with Streusel Topping. Bake 30 minutes, or until filling is set. Drizzle with caramel sauce.
To make the Streusel Topping:
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix together until chunky and the butter is incorporated into the dry ingredients.