A few days ago I asked all of you on Facebook if you’d rather have cornbread stuffing or sourdough stuffing on the big day! The results were right down the middle, so I decided to whip up an amazing corning stuffing recipe for you! I’ve got a handful of sourdough stuffings over in my recipe index already – but for all your cornbread lovers out there – this one is delish!
And be sure to check out the links at the end of the video – some friends from KIN Community and I all contributed to make your Thanksgiving table extra tasty this year!
- 7-8 cups cubed cornbread toasted
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large yellow onion sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 2 leeks cleaned, trimmed and sliced
- 6 fresh sage leaves roughly chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large heavy bottom pan, melt the butter over medium high heat. Once the butter is melted, add the onions, leeks and mushrooms and sauté for 10 minutes until the onions are translucent and then mushrooms are soft.
- Add the sage and stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a big bowl and add the toasted cornbread cubes to the bowl.
- Whisk together the egg, cream and stock in another small bowl and then pour it over the cornbread mixture. Toss everything together to combine and spoon the stuffing into a large baking dish.
- Transfer the baking dish into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until the top of the cornbread is golden brown. Remove and serve immediately.