Is there really any other way to kick off a Thanksgiving feast than with Gooey Cheese? I think not. Thyme and Garlic Baked Camembert is quite possibly one of the easiest yet most gorgeous and decadent appetizers ever. I can promise you’re going to love it!
Baked Camembert is one of those throw back recipes that your grandma would totally make. I mean, I’m pretty sure mine did. I’m giving it a little bit of a modern spin and adding an extra layer of flavor! That comes in the form of freshly sliced garlic, fresh sprigs of thyme and some really great quality olive oil to round it out. The cheese is sliced in a crosshatch pattern and then everything is tucked into the cheese and baked until bubby perfection.
I like to serve my Baked Camembert with crostini or garlic bread. But any kind of bread that is buttered and toasted to perfection is exactly what we need for this dish. It’s equal parts fancy and approachable and it’s going to make holiday entertaining super fun!
Here’s a quick video on how to make it if you need a visual! xx
- 1 8-ounce wheel Camembert Cheese (that's the cheese that comes with the wooden box)
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Toasted crostini
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Unwrap the cheese and discard the plastic wrap. Place the cheese back into its box. Score the top in a crosshatch pattern.
- Wedge pieces of the garlic into the top of the cheese and sprinkle with fresh thyme. Drizzle with the olive oil and transfer onto a baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven for 20 minutes. Remove and let set for 2-3 minutes before serving with crostini.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!