Looking for an easy and delicious dinner idea? Try this recipe for peas and pancetta with lemon. It's perfect for a family meal, and takes just minutes to prepare. Plus, the flavors are amazing! IN FACT - at my Friendsgiving dinner one year, one of my favorite people declared it her favorite thing on the entire menu. So give it a try tonight. You won't be disappointed.
This Peas and Pancetta dish is embarrassingly easy. So easy that you could absolutely send this to someone in your family and ask them to whip it up if you needed a helping hand. No shame in that game.
Cook off the pancetta and then set aside and do your very best not to eat it all. Leaving the rendered fat from the pancetta, cook off some shallots, red pepper flakes and frozen peas. Add the pancetta back in, top it off with some lemon zest, and done. Easy right? You could make it a few hours ahead of time and then just leave it hanging in the skillet and re-heat it for a minute or two before serving. Peas and Pancetta with Lemon - done and done.
PS – are you thinking of putting this on your Thanksgiving menu? Check out the full What’s Gaby Cooking menu here along with the master prep schedule to keep things organized and on track!
So there you have it - a delicious and easy recipe, perfect for a family meal or special occasion. And believe me, your friends and family will be impressed. So give it a try tonight. You won't be disappointed!
Did you love this Peas and Pancetta with Lemon recipe? Try these other dishes.
- Spring Pea Risotto
- Gnocchi with Peas and Asparagus
- Broiled Salmon with Spring Peas
- Pesto Pea Pizza
- Spring Pea Salad
- Spring Pea Crostini
If you tried this recipe, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it goes in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting today!
Peas and Pancetta
- ½ pound pancetta cut into small dice
- 3 shallots halved and thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound fresh peas or frozen peas that you've let thaw
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- If using fresh peas, bring a medium pot of water to boil. Blanch the peas for 3-4 minutes and remove. If using frozen peas, skip this first step.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook until golden brown and the fat has rendered. Remove the pancetta to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Add the shallots and red pepper flakes to the pan and cook until soft. Add the peas and lemon juice cook until warmed through. Transfer to a large bowl and top with the crisp pancetta and lemon zest.