Peas on Pizza? I know, right? It’s kinda crazy but it’s actually out of this world delicious! I’m calling it now, Pesto Pea Pizza is about to be all the rage!
I’m counting down the days until Thomas and I have an actual backyard that can house a pizza oven… but until that day comes, I’m all about pizza on the BBQ or in my indoor pizza oven. A few weeks back we hosted a casual friday night pizza night and instead of running to the store to buy all new toppings, I used everything that was already in the fridge. Random blocks of cheese, all the veg, you name it. Highlight of the night was without a doubt this Pea Pesto Pizza that everyone was OBSESSED with.
You should absolutely make this, I promise you’ll be thrilled!
Pesto Pea Pizza
- 1 pound fresh pizza dough
- olive oil for brushing
- 1/3 cup Basil Vinaigrette
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella sliced
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh peas blanched for 3 minutes
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Prepare a gas or charcoal grill to high heat. Brush the grill with a bit of oil.
- Shape the dough into a large pizza shape while on a clean floured surface. Let the dough sit for 5 minutes and then re-form to make sure it’s as big as you’d like. Place the pizza dough on a lightly floured rimless baking sheet, or pizza peel.
- Transfer the dough over to the grill, and slide the pizza dough directly onto the grill. Grill the dough for about 2 minutes with the lid closed. Using a pair of tongs, lift the lid, and flip the dough over onto the other side and cook for about 2 minutes more. The dough should be golden brown with grill marks on both sides.
- Once the dough is cooked, remove it from the grill and place it back onto the baking sheet.
- Spread the basil vinaigrette on one side of the pizza, followed by the mozzarella, small dollops of ricotta and fresh peas. Carefully slide the pizza back onto the grill and grill for 2-3 minutes with the lid closed until the cheese has melted.
- Using tongs, remove the pizza from the grill and season with salt and pepper as needed. Slice and serve immediately.
This looks great! I haven’t grilled pizzas at my house yet, but this looks like such a lovely way to enjoy them. Yum!
I love peas! I just had some last night – I need to make a pizza with some! Great idea & pinned!
Love the green spring pizza!
Pizza, peas and pesto are 3 of my favorite things on the PLANET and having them combined together is the best thing that can happen on Earth! I can hear this pizza screaming my name!!!!!!!!! <3
Pesto + Peas + Pizza. Sounds like an excellent idea….and I do love a pizza on a grill!
Perfectly in season! Love the peas.
OMG, this looks crazy good. I wish I was eating a slice right now.
Do you know what I would give to dive into that cheese? Gosh this looks good…
I adore the peas on this!! What a unique pizza and loveeeeee the grill!!
This looks fantastic!!! Want 🙂
I adore peas and pesto together!! Love this spin on pizza!
Such a great idea of adding peas on pizza!
I am sure this will taste as good as it looks! Can’t wait to try this!
One of the best pizzas I have ever had was in New York and it had broccoli on it! I can only imagine how delightful peas and ricotta would be atop some grilled dough. Yummy!
I love crazy cool combos on pizza!! Girlfriend you know where it’s AT!!!!
This looks so insanely delicious!
Wow…can’t stop staring at this pizza!! It’s just about jumping off the screen!
What a great spring pizza!
I love how Springy and fresh this pizza looks!!! and wow that cheese!!
What a nice spring pizza!
Yas grilled pizzas are SO GOOD <3
Gaby, how do I recreate this but in the oven rather than grilled? And would frozen peas be ok..? Thank you!
yes to frozen peas! just make sure they are thawed. And follow the same format as this in the oven: https://whatsgabycooking.com/snap-pea-and-asparagus-pizza/
This screams Spring! Love the pesto pea combo!
All that green goodness! I have just planted peas for a fall harvest, but will hit the farmers market before that so I can make this!!
Delish!!! Made it with pesto cuz is what I had thank you for sooo many great recipes! XO!