Pizza week isn’t over! We’ve got 2 more pizzas coming down the pipeline and this White Pizza (also known as a Pizza Bianca) is out of this world!
White Pizza (aka Pizza Bianca) was one of my fav pizzas last time we visited Southern Italy. It was all over Naples and Amalfi and I’ve made various versions over the years. This one is ricotta and provolone based with a garlicky olive oil sauce. It’s very simple, very flavorful and fantastic served with a simple peppery arugula salad!
If you’re a fan of blanco style pizzas (or pizza without a red sauce) here are a few of my other fav flavor combos:
- White Pizza with Spinach
- Pea Pesto Pizza
- Bacon Goat Cheese and Leek Pizza
- Garlic Pesto Pizza
- Burrata Snap Pea Pizza
- Pesto Caprese Pizza
What you’ll need:
White Pizza (Pizza Bianca)
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded provolone
- red pepper flakes to taste
- chili oil to drizzle
- fresh basil
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees. Thirty minutes before cooking the pizza, put your pizza stone in the oven.
- Divide the pizza dough into 2 even pieces. Stretch each piece of dough in a circular motion, then lay them both out on a flat surface and flatten out using a rolling pin. If you have a pizza peel, sprinkle some flour on it and place the stretched out dough on the peel.
- Once your 2 pizza doughs are flat and ready to be cooked, Brush the olive oil over the pizza and sprinkle with garlic. Arrange the ricotta, provolone and some red pepper flakes on top. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the pizzas into the oven and bake for 12-13 minutes until the crust is golden. Remove pizza from the oven. Drizzle with chili oil, and then slice and serve.