Back on the goat cheese train today guys and today it’s coming in hot on a Roasted Garlic Goat Cheese Pizza with Basil Vinaigrette.
Please stop everything. This Roasted Garlic Goat Cheese Pizza with Basil Vinaigrette will actually change your life. Let me break it down for you. First - we’ve got pizza dough. Either make it yourself or buy it from the store, I have no judgement. Second, make the roasted garlic paste that is going to act as the base layer. We’ve fully moved beyond a pizza with red sauce. Roasted garlic sauce is the only way to go. We’re also adding a slather of basil vinaigrette because why the heck not.
Next - we’re adding a little mozzarella just to melt down and then the star of the show is the Montchevre Garlic & Herb Goat Cheese that is going to be creamy and tangy and make the roasted garlic sauce SING. On top of that, we’re going to add some basil and red pepper flakes and then call it a day. This is truly the most incredible pizza to come out of my kitchen recently and considering we just got a pizza oven that I’ve been using on a daily basis…. That is really saying a lot after sharing my Pizza Bianca recipe!
I’ve told you all about my Montchevre Goat Cheese obsession before (Basil Whipped Goat Cheese) but if you haven’t yet tried it in the 2ish weeks since we started our new cult obsession, you need to get on it! This week feels right!!
Roasted Garlic Goat Cheese Pizza with Basil Vinaigrette
- 1 lb pizza dough
- ⅓ cup roasted garlic sauce (recipe below)
- ⅓ cup basil vinaigrette
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces Montchevre Garlic & Herb Goat Cheese
- basil and red pepper flakes for serving
For the Roasted Garlic Sauce
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 head garlic
- 1 lemon, zested
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- Trim the top of the head of garlic to expose the tops of the garlic cloves. Place the head of garlic on a piece of aluminum foil and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Wrap the head of garlic up in the foil and transfer to the oven to roast for 40 minutes. Once soft, remove the head of garlic from the oven and carefully pop out the individual garlic cloves into a bowl. Add the remaining olive oil, lemon zest and red pepper flakes. Mash the mixture together with a fork and use as needed for the pizza.
- Increase oven temperature to 500 degrees and place your pizza stone in the oven to heat up.
- Stretch out your pizza dough using your hands in a circular motion, then lay it on a flat surface and flatten it out using a rolling pin. If you have a pizza peel, sprinkle some flour on it and place the stretched out dough on the peel.
- Once your dough is flat and ready to be heated, use a spoon to spread the pizza sauce and basil vinaigrette all around the dough leaving a little bit for the crust. Top with the mozzarella and goat cheese
- Pop your pizza peel in the oven and slide it over the stone for 12-14 minutes, until the dough is golden brown and the cheese is melted. After the pizza is cooked, pull out the pizza and sprinkle with basil, salt, and red pepper flakes. Cut into 6-8 slices and serve immediately
** This post is brought to you by Montchevre Goat Cheese. All content, ideas, and words are my own. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that allow me to create new and special content like this for What’s Gaby Cooking**