I am an equal opportunity pizza consumer. I'll eat it with red sauce, bbq sauce, no sauce, white sauce, olive oil... doesn't matter to me so long as it has pizza crust and cheese! And this White Pizza with Spinach is the latest pizza creation to come out of the WGC kitchen and it's special!
This White Pizza is loaded with 2 kinds of cheese, lots of garlic, plenty of cooked spinach so you can pretend you're being the slightest bit healthy, a sprinkling of red pepper flakes and here's the kicker... LEMON!! Fresh lemon juice on a pizza. Who would have thought, right? Trust me... it's everything. It's kind of like a spinach dip on top of a pizza crust. I'm not mad at that one bit!
The lemon gives the entire recipe a dose of brightness that you don't normally get when chowing down on a pizza pie and it's a game changer! Plus it really makes the spinach shine.
You're gonna need this one in your life. And I can promise you won't miss any red sauce with this White Pizza recipe. Why stop here? Make my epic and easy Pizza Bianca recipe next!
Check out some of my other favorite pizzas here:
- See all my Pizzas here
- Three Cheese Pizza
- Green Pizza (with Asparagus, Peas, Mint and Burrata)
- Sweet Corn and Basil Pizza
- Garlic Mushroom & Spinach Pizza
- Burrata Snap Pea and Asparagus Pizza
- Southwestern Taco Pizza
- Broccolini Sausage Pizza
- Corn Cilantro Jalapeño Pizza
White Pizza with Spinach, Red Chili and Lemon
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded fontina
- 1 cup sautéed spinach recipe below
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 lemon zested and juice
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 Fresno chile pepper thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove thinly sliced
- 10 ounces spinach 10 cups
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add chile and garlic, and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Gradually add spinach and cook, tossing constantly, until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and set aside in a colander to let as much liquid drain off as possible.
- Pre-heat your oven to 500 degrees. Thirty minutes before cooking the pizza, put your pizza stone in the oven.
- Divide the pizza dough into 2 even pieces. Stretch each piece of dough in a circular motion, then lay them both out on a flat surface and flatten out using a rolling pin. If you have a pizza peel, sprinkle some flour on it and place the stretched out dough on the peel.
- Once your 2 pizza doughs are flat and ready to be cooked, Brush the olive oil over the pizza and sprinkle with garlic. Arrange the mozzarella, fontina and some sauteed spinach and artichokes and chili peppers on top. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the pizzas into the oven and bake for 12-13 minutes until the crust is golden.
- Remove pizza from the oven. Season with red pepper flakes, lemon zest and some lemon juice, then slice and serve. Serve with additional lemon wedges.