This is the pizza of the summer!! Corn Cilantro Jalapeño Pizza with a little chorizo to boot!
You guys - last summer was all about the basil vinaigrette. This summer is 100% cilantro vinaigrette focused. Pizza is on the agenda today and it's loaded with mozzarella, jalapeños, chorizo, corn, scallions, salt and pepper. Boom. If I could eat pizza every day I would be a happy camper! This Corn Cilantro Jalapeño Pizza creation came to life a few weeks ago when we had friends in from NYC and we've been whipping it up ever since. Every slice is a little slice of summer and you'll be obsessed.
Check out some of my other favorite pizzas here:
- See all my Pizzas here
- Three Cheese Pizza
- Green Pizza (with Asparagus, Peas, Mint and Burrata)
- White Pizza with Spinach and Lemon
- Sweet Corn and Basil Pizza
- Garlic Mushroom & Spinach Pizza
- Burrata Snap Pea and Asparagus Pizza
- Southwestern Taco Pizza
- Broccolini Sausage Pizza
Corn Cilantro Jalapeno Pizza
- 1 recipe Homemade Pizza Dough
- 1 large ball of fresh mozzarella torn
- 1 cup shredded pepperjack cheese
- 1 cup roasted corn
- Sliced jalapeños
- chorizo or soy-rizo cooked and crumbled
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- red pepper flakes
For the Cilantro Vinaigrette
- 1 shallot roughly chopped
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh cilantro leaves stems removed (about 4 ounces)
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoons red pepper flakes
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 500 degrees. Thirty minutes before cooking the pizza, put your pizza stone in the oven.
- Divide the pizza dough into 2 even pieces. Stretch each piece of dough in a circular motion, then lay them both out on a flat surface and flatten out using a rolling pin. If you have a pizza peel, sprinkle some flour on it and place the stretched out dough on the peel.
- Once your 2 pizza doughs are flat and ready to be cooked, use a spoon to spread the cilantro vinaigrette around the dough leaving a little bit for the crust.
- Tear the mozzarella into pieces and top each pizza with equal amounts of the mozzarella, pepper jack cheese, corn, jalapeños and chorizo. Transfer the pizzas into the oven and bake for 12-13 minutes until the crust is golden.
- Remove pizza from the oven. Season with salt and pepper and additional red pepper flakes if needed slice and serve.