One of my favorites from childhood is hitting the blog today - Southwestern Taco Pizza!
I think I've found a way to turn a taco into just about everything but I can't take full credit for this one... credit goes to my mom and dad. And ever since I came out with my own salsa line, we've taken it to the next level. Okay ready for this...
Instead of a pizza sauce base, I use my Chipotle Salsa (which if you haven't tasted it yet - you need to go to Williams Sonoma and get it immediately. Order it online or swing by your local store) and then top it with with tons of cheese, poblano peppers, corn, black beans, green onions, jalapenos and then a sprinkling of cotija cheese to give it a nice salty kick. See... taco pizza!! Get into it!
You'll want this stat. It's gonna be in your dinner rotation forever and ever.
Check out some of my other favorite pizzas here:
- See all my Pizzas here
- Three Cheese Pizza
- Green Pizza (with Asparagus, Peas, Mint and Burrata)
- White Pizza with Spinach and Lemon
- Sweet Corn and Basil Pizza
- Garlic Mushroom & Spinach Pizza
- Burrata Snap Pea and Asparagus Pizza
- Broccolini Sausage Pizza
- Corn Cilantro Jalapeño Pizza
Southwestern Taco Pizza
- 1 pound pizza dough at room temperature
- 1 cups WGC chipotle salsa
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup sliced red pepper pepper
- 1 cup sliced poblano pepper
- 1 jalapeño thinly sliced
- Sliced scallion
- Red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees. Thirty minutes before cooking the pizza, put your pizza stone in the oven.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal pieces. Stretch each piece of dough in a circular motion, then lay them both out on a flat surface and flatten out using a rolling pin. If you have a pizza peel, sprinkle some flour on it and place the stretched out dough on the peel.
- Once your 2 pizza doughs are flat and ready to be cooked, spread the salsa on top of each dough.
- Sprinkle the tops of each pizza with Monterey jack cheese and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the black beans, corn, chopped peppers and jalapeño slices. Transfer the pizzas into the oven and bake for 12-13 minutes until the crust is golden.
- Remove pizza from the oven and top with scallions, cilantro, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper. Season as needed and serve.