It’s about that time! Time for another epic WGC pizza creation that is going to knock your socks off! The Green Pizza is everything you love in a pizza and more! Shall we?
Where do we start on what is sure to be your new favorite dinner?! Okay – first things first. Pizza dough. You could make your own or use store bought crust. Either or, you do you!
After that there’s a garlic paste instead of a red sauce… it’s my obsession. A combo of olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, chili flakes and shredded parmesan make for the most incredible base layer for all the goodness that is about to go on top!
After that you’re piling on all the green goodness you can get your hands on. Everything from asparagus to garlic scapes or green garlic or scallions to english peas! Then 3 kinds of cheese – fontina, mozzarella and burrata! And then it’s finished off with a variety of herbs that make this pizza truly sing!
It’s def one that is NOT to be missed!! Get after it! Green Pizza FOR EVERYONE
- 1 lb Pizza Dough
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 lb asparagus stalks, cut into tiny pieces
- 10 garlic scapes (or green garlic or green onions) thinly sliced
- 1 cup english peas or snap peas, thinly sliced
- 2 cups fontina cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 large ball burrata, torn into pieces
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 head garlic
- 1 lemon, zested
- Pinch chili flakes
- 3 tablespoons shredded parmesan
- Fresh mint leaves
- Lemon, zest and juice
- Extra red pepper flakes
- Maldon sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees F.
- Crush all the garlic cloves and mince the garlic. Add the olive oil, lemon zest red pepper flakes and the parmesan cheese. Stir the mixture together with a fork and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add the sliced shallot and cook for 2 minutes until translucent. Add the asparagus and garlic scapes and saute for 3-4 minutes until fragrant. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Add the sliced peas and saute for 1 minute more. Remove from heat, taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- Thirty minutes before cooking the pizza, put your pizza stone in the oven.
- Stretch the dough into either 2 circles or 1 large rectangle, then lay it out on a flat surface and flatten out using a rolling pin. If you have a pizza peel, sprinkle some flour on it and place the stretched out dough on the peel. Once your dough is flat, use a spoon to spread the garlic paste all around the dough leaving a little bit for the crust.
- Top each pizza with the shredded cheeses, and vegetable mixture. Transfer the pizza into the oven and bake for 12-13 minutes until the crust is perfect.
- Remove pizza from the oven and top with the burrata, lemon zest and juice. Season with salt and pepper and additional red pepper flakes if needed, add mint at the very last minute, slice and serve.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!