It’s about that time! Time for another epic WGC pizza creation that is going to knock your socks off! The Green Pizza is everything you love in a pizza and more! Shall we?
Where do we start on what is sure to be your new favorite dinner?! Okay – first things first. Pizza dough. You could make your own or use store bought crust. Either or, you do you!
After that there’s a garlic paste instead of a red sauce… it’s my obsession. A combo of olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, chili flakes and shredded parmesan make for the most incredible base layer for all the goodness that is about to go on top!
After that you’re piling on all the green goodness you can get your hands on. Everything from asparagus to garlic scapes or green garlic or scallions to english peas! Then 3 kinds of cheese – fontina, mozzarella and burrata! And then it’s finished off with a variety of herbs that make this pizza truly sing!
It’s def one that is NOT to be missed!! Get after it! Green Pizza FOR EVERYONE
Check out some of my other favorite pizzas here:
- See all my Pizzas here
- Three Cheese Pizza
- Sweet Corn and Basil Pizza
- White Pizza with Spinach and Lemon
- Garlic Mushroom & Spinach Pizza
- Burrata Snap Pea and Asparagus Pizza
- Southwestern Taco Pizza
- Broccolini Sausage Pizza
- Corn Cilantro Jalapeño Pizza
Green Pizza (with Asparagus, Peas, Mint and Burrata)
- 1 lb Pizza Dough
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot thinly sliced
- 1 lb asparagus stalks cut into tiny pieces
- 10 garlic scapes or green garlic or green onions thinly sliced
- 1 cup english peas or snap peas thinly sliced
- 2 cups fontina cheese shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 large ball burrata torn into pieces
For the Garlic Paste
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 head garlic
- 1 lemon zested
- Pinch chili flakes
- 3 tablespoons shredded parmesan
- Fresh mint leaves
- Lemon zest and juice
- Extra red pepper flakes
- Maldon sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees F.
For the Garlic Paste
- Crush all the garlic cloves and mince the garlic. Add the olive oil, lemon zest red pepper flakes and the parmesan cheese. Stir the mixture together with a fork and set aside.
For the Pizza
- Heat the olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add the sliced shallot and cook for 2 minutes until translucent. Add the asparagus and garlic scapes and saute for 3-4 minutes until fragrant. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Add the sliced peas and saute for 1 minute more. Remove from heat, taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- Thirty minutes before cooking the pizza, put your pizza stone in the oven.
- Stretch the dough into either 2 circles or 1 large rectangle, then lay it out on a flat surface and flatten out using a rolling pin. If you have a pizza peel, sprinkle some flour on it and place the stretched out dough on the peel. Once your dough is flat, use a spoon to spread the garlic paste all around the dough leaving a little bit for the crust.
- Top each pizza with the shredded cheeses, and vegetable mixture. Transfer the pizza into the oven and bake for 12-13 minutes until the crust is perfect.
- Remove pizza from the oven and top with the burrata, lemon zest and juice. Season with salt and pepper and additional red pepper flakes if needed, add mint at the very last minute, slice and serve.
This looks tasty! However, the instructions are a bit wonky. For example, under “For the Garlic Paste” number one has you preheat your oven to 450, however it doesn’t appear that you cook the garlic paste at all? There is nothing under number three and number four has you preheat your oven to 500. Can you clarify?
formatting issue!! all the spacing got funky when I coded!! fixed now! xo
Awesome! Makes much more sense now. Cannot wait to try the garlic paste! 🙂
Okay, I have been using you different salsa’s on my pizzas and love it. But this garlic paste takes it to a new level!! Can’t wait for pizza night!
I’m green with envy for this pizzzzza!
Yay girl! This is my dream pizza! That burrata has me all excited!
I love everything about this gorgeous verde masterpiece!
Do you have a dough recipe that you recommend (or brand you buy)?
I usually buy from trader joes or whole foods if I dont make it myself using this recipe: https://whatsgabycooking.com/homemade-pizza-dough/
Living for this ZA!
This was delicious! I couldn’t find any burrata (hard to find sometimes in Australia) but still delicious. Loved the garlic paste. Reminded me of a pizza I once are in Sandpoint Idaho…..