When someone says, hey can you bring a side dish to the BBQ this weekend, this is what you're going to bring! Heirloom Tomato Goat Cheese Salad for everyone!
There came a time last summer when the tomatoes from the farmers market were so incredibly flavorful that Thomas and I decided we were going to eat tomatoes every single night as a side dish. They are colorful and delicious and require almost no prep. Personally - when we're in peak tomato season, I don't like to mess with them. Just slice them, diced them or wedge them and add a few things on top and call it a day. Salt and pepper for sure. Cheese if you're feeling jazzy. Herbs because everything is better with greens. And a vinaigrette if you want to add an extra layer of flavor. It's perfect. Grab the recipe below and make it every night this week. You will NOT be disappointed!
Heirloom Tomato Goat Cheese Salad
- 4 ripe heirloom tomatoes sliced or cut into wedges
- 1 cup cherry heirloom tomatoes sliced
- 1 cup of tiny baby tomatoes whole
- ½ cup Goat Cheese
- A handful of small basil leaves
- handful of dill leaves
- handful of mint leaves
For the dressing
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Arrange the tomatoes and goat cheese on a platter. Scatter with the herbs. Drizzle with the vinaigrette as needed.
For the dressing
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine. Adjust salt and pepper as needed.
Amazing ! Love , love , love tomatoes and goat cheese
We usually have this salad with tiny mozzarella balls and a balsamic vinegar glaze. However your recipe sounds delicious and I am going to try it. Your website always has innovative and delicious recipes. Thank You
Perfect for after the farmers market tomorrow
I am ALL over this!!
Yessssssss! The tomatoes are in full swing and I am always looking for something new and delicious to do with them. This goat cheese sounds like the perfect thing!