When someone says, hey can you bring a side dish to the BBQ this weekend, this is what you’re going to bring! Heirloom Tomato Goat Cheese Salad for everyone!
There came a time last summer when the tomatoes from the farmers market were so incredibly flavorful that Thomas and I decided we were going to eat tomatoes every single night as a side dish. They are colorful and delicious and require almost no prep. Personally – when we’re in peak tomato season, I don’t like to mess with them. Just slice them, diced them or wedge them and add a few things on top and call it a day. Salt and pepper for sure. Cheese if you’re feeling jazzy. Herbs because everything is better with greens. And a vinaigrette if you want to add an extra layer of flavor. It’s perfect. Grab the recipe below and make it every night this week. You will NOT be disappointed!
- 4 ripe heirloom tomatoes, sliced or cut into wedges
- 1 cup cherry heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup of tiny baby tomatoes, whole
- 1/2 cup Goat Cheese
- A handful of small basil leaves
- handful of dill leaves
- handful of mint leaves
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Arrange the tomatoes and goat cheese on a platter. Scatter with the herbs. Drizzle with the vinaigrette as needed.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine. Adjust salt and pepper as needed.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!