Welcome to my 7 year old life. Taco pasta bakes were the name of the game in the Dalkin house and 20+ years later not much has changed! Let’s make this Cheesy Chicken Taco Chili Pasta and call it a day!
Where do we even begin. This Cheesy Chicken Taco Chili Pasta has taco flavors, tons of salsa, some beans, and all the cheese. It’s my ideal meal for many reasons including the fact that it’s all made in 1 pot. EVERYTHING. And you can jazz it up as you see fit. Different shapes of pasta – yes please! Different flavors of salsa, go for it! No chicken, use turkey or ground beef! Want it to be a little chunkier, use black beans instead of refried beans. The list goes on and on.
But I can promise that whatever way you spin this, it’s going to be a crowd pleaser! Take the basic formula below and make it your own!! Enjoy.
Cheesy Chicken Taco Chili Pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 6 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 10- ounce can diced fire roasted tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 14- ounce can black beans
- 1 8- ounce jar chipotle salsa
- 1 cup refried beans
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces pasta shells
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Fresh cilantro and green onions for garnish
- In a large shallow enamel skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the chicken and break it up with the back of a wooden spoon while cooking until no pink remains. Add the taco seasoning to toast the spices and stir to combine. Add onion, garlic, and bell pepper. Stir to combine and cook for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, beans, salsa and Swanson Chicken Broth. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the pasta and simmer, until pasta is cooked through.
- Remove pot from heat, sprinkle the cheese on top (allow to melt if desired) and garnish with herbs