Is it too early to start planning for 4th of July? I think not! DIY Dipped Ice Cream Cones are happening this year and I’m counting down the days!
A few months back we spent a day in the studio dreaming up all sorts of delicious kind of toppings for an ice cream cone! Because what’s better than polishing off 2 scoops of ice cream and then getting to eat a delicious waffle cone dipped in chocolate and smothered with more treats? Basically nothing.
These are the perfect project for 4th of July, or a weekend cookout, or any other day you deem appropriate for ice cream – which is basically everyday as long as it’s over 70 degrees.
You can use anything you want to crumble up and sprinkle on top of these. I used an assortment of maldon sea salt, sprinkles, kettle corn, peppermint candies and cocoa nibs. Oreos would be another great idea – or those little mini m&m’s! I mean, the list could go on for days – which is 100% acceptable because summer is upon us and it’s time for some ice cream!
DIY Dipped Ice Cream Cones
- Waffle Cones
- Dark Chocolate
- Milk Chocolate
- White Chocolate
Various crushed toppings for sprinkling:
- maldon salt flakes
- caramel corn
- multi-colored sprinkles
- more sprinkles
- even more sprinkles
- crushed pistachios
- cocoa nibs
- crushed pretzels
- crushed oreos
- crushed peppermints
- any little candies your heart desires
- Melt the various chocolate according to the package directions. Be sure to melt them in a bowl that allows for easy dipping.
- Pour a little melted chocolate in the bottom of the cone to seal it up
- Turn the cone upside-down, and dip cone in melted white, milk or dark chocolate.
- Once coated with chocolate, sprinkle the portion with chocolate with desired toppings. Carefully lay the cone on a parchment lined baking sheet and freeze until set. Use as needed.