It’s hot dog season and this year I’m upping the ante with these Tex Mex Hot Dogs!
Having a best friend who is a: passionate about hot dogs, b: has an epic outdoor kitchen, and c: will drop anything to eat delicious food with you, is basically my dream come true! So when I told him I was on the hunt to come up with the best hot dog concoctions this summer, it was on!
One afternoon at the grill and it was game over. Tex Mex Hot Dogs featuring the new Ball Park Park’s Finest Jalapeno Cheddar beef dogs… boom. Loaded with grilled hot dogs, my famous guacamole, charred jalapenos, and corn relish, each and every bite is loaded with all sorts of big bold delicious flavors, textures and colors. So lets gear up for the weekend and whip these up as soon as the clock hits 5 on Friday!
Tex Mex Hot Dogs
- 4 Ball Park Park’s Finest Jalapeño Cheddar hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- 1 recipe Guacamole
- 8 charred jalapeno slices
For the Corn Relish
- 6 green onions
- 2 ears of corn husked
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice divided and the zest reserved
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoon chopped chives
- Preheat your charcoal or gas grill over medium high heat. Place Ball Park Park’s Finest franks on the grill and grill for 3-4 minutes until grill marks appear. Once grilled, remove and set aside.
- Toast the buns for a few minutes on each side until grill marks appear.
- Meanwhile, brush green onions and corn with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill vegetables until slightly charred, turning occasionally, about 2 minutes for green onions and 7 minutes for corn. Cut the corn from cob and transfer the kernels to a bowl. Chop green onions and add to corn. Stir in cilantro, chives, lime zest. Season relish to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place a few spoonfuls of guacamole in the toasted bun, followed by the Ball Park Park’s Finest frank, and top with the corn relish and charred jalapeno slices. Serve.