Pulled Pork Sliders are getting some time in the spotlight today!!
These pulled pork sliders have been on rotation in our house for years. I love that I can throw everything into the slow cooker in the morning, toast some slider buns in the afternoon and then throw it all together when it’s time to eat. It takes absolutely zero concentration which is exactly what I need these coming months because life is about to get a little hectic.
So, if you’re looking for something delicious, easy, simple, and awesome… look no further. Pulled Pork Sliders are your new jam. Throw some pickles or picked onions on top to give it an extra crunch and you’re on your way!
Pulled Pork Sliders
- 1 medium onion chopped
- ½ cup ketchup
- ⅓ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2.5 lbs pork butt cut into 2 pieces
- 12 slider buns
- Combine all the ingredients except the pork butt and the buns in a slow cooker and mix together with a spoon. Add the 2 pieces of pork and cover the slow cooker. Set for 8 hours on low.
- After 8 hours, using 2 forks, shred the pork and remove the pork with the remaining sauce into a large bowl. Toast the slider buns and add some of the pulled pork to each bun. Top with some pickles are serve as needed.
If making ahead and then reheating for an event, should I keep it in it's juices or keep them separate until time to reheat?
Keep them with the juices!
would you change anything If I swap out the pork for chicken thighs, or just follow the recipe the same?
Gaby- OMG. I may have already reviewed this but I don’t care. This is the easiest / most delicious recipe ever. My husband had five sliders and was in awe. I looked like a genius. You’re the best! Love to Poppy and Thomas <3
Hi Gaby! If making this in the instant pot, what settings and time to cook it for?
I would do: manual high pressure for 40 minutes. Once the cooking time is up, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then do a quick release.