I've been crafting this Black Bean Veggie Burger for months now and it's basically going to change the veggie burger game forever.
Get ready for the best veggie burger ever - a Black Bean Veggie Burger loaded with quinoa, black beans, zucchini, onions and a few secret ingredients like pulverized tortilla chips and tons of spices! I can promise you that it won't disappoint!
My mom used to make veggie burgers in bulk and then store them in the freezer so we could whip them out at a moments notice and eat. We've been all over the place for work a lot so I'm taking a page from her playbook and keeping these Black Bean Veggie Burgers stocked in the freezer so if I don't have time to whip something up for dinner, I still know I'm getting a crazy delicious meal without having to think about anything. And while they are perfect for meal prep - they are also fantastic for BBQ's and summer parties. If you're a vegetarian but heading to a meat lovers house for a party, bring a few of these and throw them on the grill. Problem solved. They put any of those store bought veggie burgers to shame and you can jazz them up with any kinds of toppings. I went for a Mediterranean theme here with roasted red peppers, feta and red onions... but you could also do salsa and avocado and melted Pepper Jack cheese! Or go the traditional route and just pile on the ketchup or mustard.
You can even make these as an appetizer by making slider-sized patties- it is basically a vegetarian version of cheeseburger sliders!!
Black Bean Veggie Burger
For the Black Bean Veggie Burger
- 2 cans 15-ounces Black Beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup pulvarized tortilla chips
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onions
- ⅓ cup shredded zucchini squeezing to remove excess liquid after shredding
- ¼ cup shredded yellow onion
- 1 egg whisked
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle chile powder
For the Burgers
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Brioche Buns
- Sliced Roasted Red Peppers
- Crumbled Feta
- Sliced Red Onions
- In a food processor, combine the rinsed and drained black beans, quinoa, tortilla chips, green onions, zucchini, onion, egg, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, cumin and chile powder. Pulse for about 30 seconds until uniform in consistency. Turn the contents of the food processor into a bowl. Divide the mixture into 6 even segments and form into 6 patties.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, add 3 of the patties and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side until fully cooked. Remove from the skillet and repeat the process with the remaining olive oil and patties.
- Once all the veggie burgers are cooked, assemble with butter brioche buns and assorted toppings. Serve immediately.